Security Operations Engineer
The Security Operations Engineer is responsible for the continuous monitoring and various assessments with respect to security of production and engineering infrastructure. Maintains account security for services, systems, and ancillary applications. Manage the cloud infrastructure environment.
The SOC engineer interacts frequently with technical support team, service providers, clients and internal users so it is very important that he is clear and concise in his communication. He also works very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. He should be able to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in continuous Infrastructure vulnerability assessment, response and remediation of infrastructure.
- This will include both the base Operating system as well as the associated applications and devices.
- You will be required to work in shifts supporting 24*7.
- You will assist the SOC Analysts in developing the toolsets to further enhance the capabilities of the SOC.
- Integrate Qualys security tools for mission-critical platforms.
- Perform security assessment for all platforms and drive for the closure of any deviations.
- Perform policy compliance and improve compliance posture across the board.
- Track and manage all exceptions. Follow up on expiring exceptions.
- Should manage the entire life cycle of security incidents, investigate them and must drive them for appropriate closure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with information security tools for performing vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection, integrity checking, event management
- Good understanding of public cloud services - AWS, GCP and Azure and OCI (IAM expertise on any CSP is a plus)
- Good understanding of OWASP security principles and experience in vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of information security principles and practices, understanding of security protocols, principles, standards and defence in depth.
- Hands-on experience with the native tools/services such as AWS Guardduty, Security Hub, VPC, Load Balancer, CloudTrail, Azure Security Center, GCP Armour etc
- Should have 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Qualys products a plus
- Preferred computer science graduate.
- Exposure to security standards, regulations and benchmarks such as ISO 27001, NIST, CIS baselines etc.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Knowledge of VMware and other virtualization products.
- Knowledge of Apache and Tomcat web servers.
- Should have good verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability and ready to learn new technology and should be a good team player.