Product Manager, API Security
Qualys is looking for an experienced Product Manager who is technical, collaborative, and truly excited about helping thousands of enterprise customers secure their APIs in hybrid IT environments, across cloud, on-premises, mobile and IoT/OT environments.
The Qualys Cloud Platform specializes in providing customers with a holistic view of their IT assets, their security vulnerabilities, quantify their risk and prioritize remediation. The Qualys brand is trusted by more than nine thousand organizations, including Microsoft, Dow Jones, Daimler, Facebook, GE, Home Depot, and many others.
This is a very visible and hands-on leadership role where you will be part of an international product team defining the future of Qualys API Security.
Qualys API Security is a new product designed for both developers and security teams. With Qualys API Security, organizations can ensure that their APIs are designed in the earliest phases of the SDLC to be safe and secure, and guarantee their security through runtime dynamic testing.
The Product Manager will be responsible for product launching, managing roadmap, requirements, gathering customer feedback and prioritizing features for Qualys API Security.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to play a key role in the security market and establish themselves as the product owner within a world-class enterprise technology company.
As successful candidate, you will have the ability to interface and influence cross-functional teams throughout the company. You will work closely with engineering leadership and be a key member interfacing with product leadership and executive staff.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be the ‘Product Owner’ that the engineering teams look for guidance and leadership
- Collect customer, sales, and market input, validate use cases across the target markets, and then create user stories and requirements for each release of the product.
- Lead and collaborate on UX design for this highly visible product line.
- Work closely with the Web Application Security product leadership to ensure day-to-day activities have the appropriate priority and have strong alignment to roadmap.
- Develop and manage product roadmap that represents key deliverables, timeline and track corresponding engineering releases.
- Work cross-functionally with other Qualys product teams to deliver customer value.
- Serve as the product subject matter expert to Qualys field operations.
- Understand and maintain expertise on competitive products.
- Support product marketing in creating product collateral and demos.
- Support product training and sales activities.
- Engage and positively influence customers and partners.
- Engage with executive stakeholders to identify business objectives and map product roadmap to overall product strategy.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience building or maintaining enterprise network and/or security products.
- Background in product management/ownership with 3+ years of proven experience.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills – capable of explaining complex requirements in simple words.
- Broad knowledge of IT security markets and products.
- Experience building SaaS products and API Integrations.
- Experience building enterprise products that process and analyze big data.
- Experience with APIs.
- Experience with API security testing and/or web app security testing.
- Experience with OWASP Top 10 for APIs and/or OWASP Top 10 for web applications.
- Experience with Postman Collections, OpenAPI, and other common formats for organizing and functionally testing REST APIs.
- Experience launching new products is a plus.
- Good understanding of software engineering and agile methodologies.
- Comfortable with conflicts and capable of influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Any programing or integration experience in the past will be highly beneficial.
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, (or equivalent experience).