Full Stack Software Engineer
We are seeking a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to help build next generation IT Asset Inventory and IT Asset Management product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based product using Java backend services and libraries, Kafka, Cassandra, Oracle, Elastic Search, Redis and ReactJs for front end, Docker and Kubernetes for deployment.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- You will be building next generation of IT Asset Inventory and IT Asset Management product in the cloud, by collaborating with Architects, Product Management and Usability teams
- You'll create high-performance Restful APIs to be consumed by external partners
- You will be building highly scalable Micro-services that interacts with Qualys Cloud Platform
- Research, evaluate and adopt next generation technologies
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on developer
- Java 8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven,
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of JVM concepts like Garbage Collection, Heap, Stack, Profiling, parameters for fine tuning, Class Loading, etc.
- Experience with SaaS based software products and solutions for service oriented deployment in public or private clouds. (g. Private cloud, AWS, Azure, Rackspace etc.)
- Good understanding of RDBMS preferably Oracle
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Agile Development with Scrum, WaterFall, Iterative or mix of any of them based on projects
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Guice, DWR, Highcharts / highmaps, D3.Js
- Understanding of Docker
- Experience with NoSQL database Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience building applications in the IT Space (ITAM, ITSM, SAM, License Compliance)
- Experience in developing search based applications using Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience with stream processing frameworks such as Apache Samza, Spark or Storm