We are seeking a talented software engineer to work on the tools and microservices that will make up Qualys’ next-generation technology platform. Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based cloud security platform. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation microservices based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- Research, prototype and evaluate new technologies to help innovate and improve Qualys’ technology platform
- Design and implement distributed, scalable, high-performance micro service based applications
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
- Excellent Java and object-oriented design and development skills for 3+ years
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good understanding of networking concepts, operating system fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of relational databases or NoSQL databases like Cassandra or similar ones.
- Good to have experience with Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch, Flink, AWS stack, Docker based deployments.