Director, Marketing Operations
We’re looking for a Director, Marketing Operations to help us deliver operational excellence within our Marketing organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing Marketing processes, monitoring, measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of Marketing initiatives and programs, partnering closely with cross-functional stakeholders, to help increase our marketing pipeline contribution and improve our programs and campaigns efficiency.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
Strategy and Leadership:
- Partner with the CMO + Marketing and Sales leaders to set, manage and execute on the Marketing vision and deliver the marketing plans to support breakaway growth
- Develop core performance metrics and support with robust reporting and dashboards; prioritize issues for attention and financial investment shifts and decisions
- Define and project manage strategic marketing initiatives and projects
- Lead and mentor a team of Marketing operations, reporting, and analytics professionals. Demonstrate leadership through articulating a vision, setting goals, and helping them achieve results through strong performance management and recognition
- Search, evaluate, and manage integration and implementation of other technologies and tools, including building, testing, documenting, attributing, and enabling associated reporting.
Data and Technology:
- Create, maintain and optimize our persona and segmentation capabilities to support marketing needs in terms of targeting and segmentation.
- Identify areas of opportunity to scale the MarTech stack in line with fast-paced growth, including, but not limited to Marketo, Bizible (multi-touch attribution reporting), Drift (automated chat), Demandbase/6sense (account-based marketing), etc
- Leverage best practices of Intent and predictive analytics to enable right message, to the right person, at the right time.
- Drive transition from “contact” centric marketing to Account Based Marketing (e.g. the buying team) based on intent, user persona, and stage.
- Identify and lead the improvement of data quality, hygiene practices, and processes to enhance segmentation and automation
- Partner with leadership team to define KPIs, create reporting, analyze campaign performance
- Leveraging analytics and data insights, recommend strategies and tactics within each marketing channel and holistically across campaigns
- Lead best practice management of the marketing automation technology platform to ensure best practices in lead and campaign management are implemented and maintained
- Monitor and maintain data quality in the marketing database, through data enrichment, data structure, data integrity and cleansing.
- Make sure marketing automation data is being properly collected, GDPR compliant and connected with other systems such as a CRM
- Develop and execute strategy for monitoring/partnering with MarTech to improve gaps in data health and marketing automation performance (have worked or is working on a Customer Data Platform is a plus)
- Implement and optimize lead/account scoring (behavioral, firmographic, and predictive models) and lead/account routing methodologies to ensure highest quality leads are passed and prioritized appropriately for qualification
- Build infrastructure that equips the organization with clear actionable data
Performance, Analytics & Reporting:
- Produce and maintain reports and dashboards in Tableau, Salesforce, Bizible and other tools like Einstein, Looker, or Google Data studio
- Provide visibility into marketing campaign results and measure campaign efficacy, including channel metrics, attribution, opportunity stages, and ROI.
- Make recommendations for optimizing lead flow and funnel conversions based on validated and rigorous analysis and findings.
- Partner with teams to build and maintain key relationships with leaders across Marketing (Enterprise, Growth, Product Marketing), Sales, Finance, Product and more broadly Sales Operations
- Drive alignment between marketing and sales on joint metrics and ensure operational support for the sales development team
- Represent and champion Marketing across cross-departmental teams business operations, product, marketing, and sales
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 6-8 years’ experience in Marketing Operations, managing multiple go-to-market motions (Product led and Marketing led)
- Experience in the SaaS industry
- Strong expertise with Marketing KPI development and reporting.
- Hands on expertise using Marketo, Drift and Salesforce CRM
- Experience with an Attribution tool (Bizible is a plus)
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset, focused real-time performance optimization, data quality, data standardization, and data enrichment
- Understanding the end-to-end customer buyer journey, leads and opportunities life cycles, working with product and customer data
- Experience with scoring of leads and accounts
- Strong comfortability with UTMs (Paid Search, Paid Social, Paid Media, Display, etc)
- The ability to collaborate across all Marketing, Revenue, Sales Operations, & Business Operations teams
- Experience architecting, developing, testing and executing end-to-end Marketing Automation campaigns and flows, including analytics.
- Proven success in driving results-oriented marketing programs and strategies, and the ability to proactively identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Extensive expertise and knowledge of B2B marketing automation strategies, vendors, and best practices
- Robust data and analytical skills
- Project management skills and strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to manage logistics and tactical details with flawless execution. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Platform level understanding, with experience and knowledge of how to build / migrate / enhance implementations.
- Deep understanding of marketing automation stack and integration with various enterprise applications
- Love of partnering with different teams: Demand Gen, SDRs, Sales Ops