Chief Technical Security Officer - APAC
Chief Technical Security Officer (CTSO) - APAC
The Chief Technical Security Officer (CTSO) is predominantly responsible for being a technical and strategic expert on the Qualys product, and other industry technologies, and being able to functionally understand the requirements of the customer and how Qualys can support the CISO in achieving their strategic objectives. The CTSO must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical and business issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. We are looking for a candidate, who combines the characteristics of a technical advisor with someone who is exceptional at the customer interface. Sales skills are not a requirement. The perfect candidate should have a strong technical background and have experience running a security program as a CISO or senior leader in an operational environment.
The CTSO will be part of the Qualys Office of the CISO and will also be called on to assist with local customer trust and assurance activities such as supporting the achievement of local regulatory certifications and communicating with strategic customers regarding the security and compliance of the Qualys platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop compelling thought leadership and present at industry events and conferences
• Act as the Qualys security expert within the region and function as an industry spokesperson
• When engaged with a customer, identify customers’ requirements for using the products
• Identify opportunities to improve the product portfolio and work with the relevant product managers to ensure Qualys is the best in the business
• Convey customer requirements to solutions architects, technical account managers, and other technical teams
• Provide technical support to customers from a product perspective
• Assist existing customers to ensure that their purchase of Qualys is resulting in the business outcomes anticipated by the CISO
• Provide functional and technical support to customers in partnership with other teams
• Responsible for attending and presenting at conferences, seminars, etc.
• Own the discussion of the Qualys product roadmap during customer meetings and executive business reviews
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with strong knowledge in the cyber security space.
They must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally when working directly with customers.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of relevant experience
• Solid technical background with hands on experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluent in English
• Able to travel throughout region
• Previous experience as a CISO or security leader in an operational setting