Sr Software Engineer
We’re looking for super smart engineers to help us build the best engineered Digital Experience platform in the world. Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize from the inside out. You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers. You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.”
- Deliver high quality software on time.
- Analyze requirements for feasibility and implementation strategy and provide development estimates
- Collaborate with Platform Architects to ensure that design meets architectural objectives.
- Collaborate with a distributed agile team to ensure the job gets done.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner and provide mitigation recommendations.
- Respond to escalations and maintain existing code, refactoring as needed to provide highly reliable solutions.
- Lead development activities and monitor progress of technical objectives.
- Mentor others.
- Lead by example, ensuring that development standards and processes are followed across the team.
- Perform design reviews and code reviews to ensure that software meets development standards.
- Take initiative and work independently under minimal supervision to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work closely with cross functional teams that include Quality Assurance, Product Management and Documentation with a focus on team success.
- Continuously strive to make the process better through regular retrospectives
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering (or professional experience)
- Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
- Solid experience with cloud-native event driven micro-services architectures
- Functional programming expertise using C++ , Java, and Python
- Independence and strong ownership of business problems and technical solutions
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong Communication and inter-personal skills
- Mastery of algorithms, data structures and performance
- Experience in performance optimization (CPU, Memory, IO) and high-scale (>500 req/sec)
- Experience with open source projects and tools (e.g. apache projects, maven, Spring, tomcat/glassfish)
- Experience with Agile, tight interaction with business and operations (DevOps)
- Experience with automated testing (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
- Expert Knowledge of Internet technologies/and protocols
- Knowledge of common design patterns (IoC, GoF, etc)
- Experience working in an agile software development team