Advocacy Manager – North America
Advocates are not just satisfied customers. They are enthusiasts who embrace our company vision and willingly advance our interests through their interactions with others. Whether by sharing experiences online, referring new business or recommending your products, these supporters have an enormous – but sometimes unseen – influence on our brand, demand generation and pipeline efforts.
We are looking for an experienced and disciplined Advocacy Marketing Manager to find, organize and mobilize our advocates and amplify their voice across the digital channels, content, webinars and via in-person events. This role requires a combination of long-term strategic planning with day to day functional execution, and the ability to work with key client and internal executives, global marketing teams, disparate sales organizations, manage complex projects, and prioritize tasks to deliver on key goals. Experience in online community management, customer relations and content creation are essential. This role reports directly to the Director of Corporate Brand.
- Build and manage an online community to develop rapport with customers to increase renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Assist in driving customer engagement and communication programs, such as in- person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences, awards programs, onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Connect with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle
- Identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives
- Manage and maintain engagement and advocacy programs; continually recruit new customer advocates
- Manage and promote a library of up-to-date customer success stories
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program and work with marketing operations to implement
- Create special marketing content for account management/customer success to help at risk customers with training
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to the CSO teams
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business
- Has demonstrated cross-functional leadership in the delivery of a comprehensive customer advocacy program
- Previous Advocacy Marketing, Customer Success, or Social Media Management experience
- Technical knowledge of the latest customer advocacy platforms. A proven track record of building communities using Influitive is preferred
- Experience creating and executing a successful customer reference program
- Experience engaging with client and internal executives, including preparation of briefing materials
- Ability to write effective copy is a necessity
- Strong English language skills are a must. Strong written French, German and / or Spanish is an asset
- This position can be located in US or CA