The User Interface (UI) Designer is responsible for designing elegant user interfaces and overseeing the implementation of the design language system to ensure consistent quality. They will be charged with the visual and UI design user experiences for our DXP platform, with a constantly expanding set of capabilities. This position will work collaboratively with other designers, product managers, and engineers throughout the planning and development life cycle.
- Design highly interactive user interfaces in desktop and web/mobile-based analytical products
- Develop visual mock-ups and interactive prototypes
- Work directly with user experience designers and developers to ensure designs are implemented on projects to ensure consistent quality
- Participate in usability testing, maintaining visual and user experience systems and requirements
- Develop multiple design iterations and concepts that can be leveraged for A/B testing.
- Create innovative responsive web designs, web dashboards and other digital assets
- Create, maintain, and implement visual design standards.
- Contribute to style guide and pattern library.
- Contribute to improving processes, and technology research.
- BA, BFA, MFA in the following Fine Arts: Studio Art, Graphic or Visual Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent professional experience.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based or mobile-based user interface design
- Strong knowledge of visual design principles and techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with user experience teams and developers for implementation of designs
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Principle, etc.
- Familiarity with the visual presentation of data is desired
- Ability to prototype in HTML, CSS, and/or other tooling
- 5 plus years of experience as a visual designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Have an inherent eye for design, web layout and responsive design.
- Are a problem-solver and value innovation.