Technical Product Manager
Quadient DXP has developed a next-generation cloud based solution that delivers hyper-relevant and hyper-personal omni-channel user experiences. The Technical Product Manager (TPM) requires day-to-day interaction with product management, including defining market requirements, product requirement documents and packaging the features into product releases. The TPM works closely with key customers, product architects and development, marketing, sales, and support to develop and manage new product releases and upgrades to to the platform and upgrades for tenant customers.
The TPM maintains the product road map, creates concept documents, business and use cases for new services, features and functions to support customer demands, growth strategies and profitability targets.
- Serve as primary product expert and evangelist
- Participate in agile processes including standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning
- Lead product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development road map
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from customers and prospects
- Create detailed use cases, business requirements, and marketing requirements
- Support marketing, sales and support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to program managers. Participate in product performance benchmarking activities.
- Additional responsibilities
- Perform product demonstrations at trade shows, online seminars, and other events
- Document answers to customer technical questions that cannot be answered by sales staff or product support specialists using existing documentation.
- 3-7 years of product management experience for an enterprise software company
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with customers
- Must have experience with cross-functional teams that include engineering, sales, and marketing staff Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with executive management
- BA/BS (degree in technical field preferred);
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated success in working within a cross-functional environment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience working in Agile environment and familiarity with related tools such as Jira