Legal Counsel DACH-IT
Quadient new strategy, “Back to Growth”, has been launched in January 2019. It aims at allowing us to expand and grow while accelerating our transformation by 2022. In such a context, the Legal department, as a part of the global Transformation department, is growing to support the Company strategy and new organization.
DACH-IT is one of the 4 main geographical regions of Quadient and includes 450 employees, based in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy and is rich in cultural differences, languages and expertise.
The operations team is organized around four main Business Lines: MRS: Mailing Related Solutions, BPA: Business Process Automation, CXM: Customer Experience Management and PLS: Parcel Locker Solutions.
Reporting to the General Counsel of DACHIT, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for the first level of legal support for the region.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements for the different business lines and business models (e.g. License, SaaS, Leasing One-time sales etc.), including complex, high-value software license agreements, services agreements, reseller and partnership agreements, subcontracting agreements, non-disclosure agreements with large customers who operate in various sectors;
- Providing general commercial legal support to the Sales team;
- Legal monitoring and internal trainings towards commercial and operational teams; and
- Contributing to implement and develop company policies and procedures in the sales space at a regional level, and advising internal clients on a broad array of issues and risks to ensure compliance with company policies and the law;
- Providing legal support to HR, Finance or other departments
- This position will be based in Germany (Munich)/ Italy (Milan) or home office
- Some travel within Europe may be required.
Qualifications, skills & experience required
- Master Degree in German law (e.g. Commercial law, IP Law or Business law)
- Good knowledge of Intellectual property law (especially copyright)
- 5-7 years of working experience in an internationally operating IT company as In-House Counsel or lawyer in a private law firm
- Practice in several jurisdictions
- Knowledge of Swiss/Italian law is a plus
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills
- Other skills
- Autonomous, dynamic with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive and self-confident mindset
- Resilient and calm under pressure with Strong Business acumen
- Ability to seek and find solutions with an analytic, synthetic and pragmatic approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with professional positive attitude allowing you to interact effectively with many people of varying levels of responsibility, background and culture
- Fluent in writing and speaking in German and English is required
- Ability to speak Italian is a plus.