Backend PHP Developer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a value-driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to our awesome teams at Qlik. We are committed to becoming an inspirational cloud-native team with a reputation for developing delightful user experiences and delivering top quality customer service.
You will be working closely together with the Blendr.io team. Blendr.io was recently acquired by Qlik. The current team is located in Ghent, Belgium.
Blendr.io is a powerful integration platform, which connects 500 APIs via a low-code workflow builder. Such integration can be scheduled or event-driven and are compiled and executed inside a docker container.
The frontend has a complex drag-and-drop workflow builder, written in Vue.js. The backend uses the Laravel framework. The current infrastructure runs on AWS. Using services such as AWS CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, Athena, and many more.
We take pride in creating and releasing small increments of value to the delight of our users. We are not perfect, yet we are committed to discovering even better ways to deliver value: Do-Measure-Learn.
At Qlik, we value Challenge, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Open and Straightforward and Take Responsibility. You too? You’d be joining a team committed to continuous improvement of our products, our processes and our people.
How you will spend your time as a Backend PHP Developer:
- Back-end development in PHP with Laravel
- Code reviews of other team members.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of the platform
- Manage your project in JIRA based on 2-weekly sprints
You will be successful if you:
- Back-end skills: PHP expert, Laravel experience in complex projects
- In general: deep understanding of REST API’s, JSON, HTTPS, websockets, queues etc.
- Proven experience in complex projects, e.g. distributed systems, scheduling systems etc. (Blendr.io is not your average web application!)
- Proficient in MySQL and SQL queries
- Proficient in using Git
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Previously worked with in-memory database (e.g. Redis)
- Have used one of the following AWS services: EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFormation, Lambda.
- You are motivated, pro-active, you have eyes for details, you are very analytical, software development is what you do day and night
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Lund, Sweden. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.