What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
In this role you will act as a spider in a web with plenty of opportunities to grow within either (or both) continuous release strategies or bleeding edge technology and tooling. You will be the person everyone turns to, for release status and you will also have huge possibilities to impact our releases to make sure they are of good quality. The Test & Release Coordination team is a team with a high level of trust and team work for result mentality, which will give you the room to self-organize and collaborate with peers instead of being micro-managed. As our new colleague, you would join a proud and high-functioning team where collaboration and caring for each other is core.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Securing release readiness of artifacts, in tight collaboration with the Test Coordinator and development teams.
- Partnering with Launch Coordinator for our SaaS offering to ensure features are released with quality and according to process.
- Communicating effectively with all release stakeholders, both within and outside of R&D and escalating issues and risk when appropriate.
- Driving and owning the release process and ways of working for our hybrid and private cloud products; conducting frequent retrospects and drive continuous improvements.
- Documenting the process and ways of working.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- +8 years of experience in software development, preferably in different phases (e.g. planning, development, testing, release).
- Experience delivering code or configuration in GitHub or other code repositories.
- Hands on experience with one or several of the following tools and technologies: Kubernetes, GitHub, Prometheus/Grafana, Qlik Sense, Jira.
- Experience of on-premise release management and/or SaaS Launch Coordination with a continuous delivery and release.
- Hands on experience of using and/or implementing Feature Flag Management System (such as LaunchDarkly).
- Project leading of process improvements and tooling, especially in a continuous deployment/release context.
- Hands on experience of leading with data.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Working comfortable over sites/time zones (video, Slack, email) and with different types of stakeholders (Development Team, Product Management, Directors etc.).
- Build strong relationships with different development teams, quality engineering teams and other functions/departments in Qlik.
- Can balance when to slow down to prioritize quality, when to prioritize to move fast and when to escalate and when move ahead.
- Working structured and toward scalable processes and effective tooling.
- Spend time onboarding and enabling teams.
This role is located in Ottawa, Canada
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.