What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a value-driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to our awesome teams at Qlik R&D. We are committed to becoming an inspirational cloud-native team with a reputation for developing delightful user experiences and delivering top quality customer service.
You will be working closely together with the Blendr.io team. Blendr.io was recently acquired by Qlik. The current team is located in Ghent, Belgium.
Blendr.io is a powerful integration platform, which connects 500 APIs via a low-code workflow builder. Such integration can be scheduled or event-driven and are compiled and executed inside a docker container.
The frontend has a complex drag-and-drop workflow builder, written in Vue.js. The backend uses the Laravel framework. The current infrastructure runs on AWS. Using services such as AWS CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, Athena, and many more.
We take pride in creating and releasing small increments of value to the delight of our users. We are not perfect, yet we are committed to discovering even better ways to deliver value: Do-Measure-Learn.
At Qlik, we value Challenge, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Open and Straightforward and Take Responsibility. You too? You’d be joining a team committed to continuous improvement of our products, our processes and our people.
How you will spend your time as a Frontend Developer:
- Architect, build, deploy and iterate new features and capabilities of the Blend Editor – the core of the Blendr.io integration platform.
- Own the quality of your deliverable through good design, code, implementation, and testing.
- Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, stay up-to-day with the industry best practices for software development.
You will be successful if you:
- Autonomy and ownership. There won’t be any micromanaging, you will take the full ownership of developing new features. Of course, the Blendr.io development team can always assist you.
- Strong sense of engineering pragmatism by being able to weigh technical debt against risk and business value when making daily decisions on how much or little to engineer a given feature or solution.
- Critical eye for spotting issues and improvement opportunities from the lowest to the highest level.
- Solid knowledge of ES6, Vue.js, Webpack, Git, and SASS
- Experience with Vuex and/or Vue Router.
- Experience with Laravel or any back-end experience.
- Experience consuming real-time API’s (e.g. WebSockets, polling).
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Lund, Sweden. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.