Public Relations Manager
Qlik Job Description: PR Manager
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
We’re looking to hire a PR Manager for North America. Preferred location is Boston, with Philadelphia or New York City as alternate areas.
As a strategic member of the Global Communications Team, you will be joining a passionate team that is focused on increasing Qlik’s brand awareness and market momentum.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
As a key member of the Communications team, you will:
- Report to the Sr. Director, Corporate Communications, who owns global public relations and social media strategy, as well as execution in the Americas region.
- Contribute strategic, creative ideas and program management for earned media (including news momentum, trend spotting and global thought leadership) programs that influences the market and customer prospects.
- Establish processes for a programmatic approach of communication and education of business, technology and industry media about Qlik’s technology innovation, thought leadership and corporate responsibility programs, including rapid response to key relevant issues.
- Work to drive an Executive Communications program that secures profiles of Qlik’s execs with key business media and influencers.
- Work with industry and customer marketing teams to mine compelling customer stories that bring the Qlik story to life.
- Partner with Qlik’s North America PR agency to build and manage outstanding media relations program.
- Execute writing projects supporting Qlik market and thought leadership, including press releases, blog posts and social content.
- Manage and execute regular pitch mining and trend identification for Qlik spokespeople across business, technology and industry markets/issues.
- Work closely with the global marketing team to brief media on product offering introductions, customer stories, partner news and corporate announcements.
• Arrange and facilitate media briefings in partnership with Qlik’s PR agency team.
• Collaborate with Qlik’s Social Media team to ensure integrated execution of earned content promotion across all relevant channels.
• Manage news monitoring and measurement reporting for key initiatives and launches.
Experience & Qualifications
• 7+ years strong communications experience, preferably in enterprise software related to data analytics, data management and/or data integration.
• Corporate and agency experience preferred
• Track record of solid earned media relationships and ability to spot and create pitches and stories that lead to published articles.
• A polished communicator who provides high-quality counsel on program progress and needs, and represents the company well to discriminating media.
• Out of the box, disruptive, creative, “think different” approach to media relations, with evidence of creative storytelling campaigns that have created impact across multiple channels.
• A self-starter and independent leader with proven project management skills.
• Excellent writing skills; expertise translating technology and benefits for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Exceptional program management and organizational skills that support cross-function team efforts across public relations, social media and analyst relations.
• Ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, working proactively and independently as a team player with positive “can-do” attitude
• The drive and diplomacy to work across the marketing, product and sales organizations to deliver smart and effective integrated campaigns.
• Experience to work across creative and multi-cultural global regions and understand how to navigate their unique nuances.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field. Masters a plus.
• Boston, Philadelphia, New York City, DC Metro area, North Carolina, and Connecticut
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Check us out on Youtube!
“For US job openings, candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be considered for employment with Qlik.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected category or characteristic. If you need assistance due to a disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.