Cloud Software Engineer
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Fun and learning is part of the job! We encourage innovation and hack every quarter. Pick your topic of interest, partner with developers, choose a technology, and go! Additionally, once a year we hack with the entire R&D as part of a global event. Learn to use the latest open source components or industry-standard protocols. While we contribute to specific open source projects, we’ve opened source our own components as a company. Cool domain areas that would cross your learning path are cloud computing, cloud containerized platforms, cryptography, security, and identity protocols (OAuth auth2 and OpenID Connect) to name a few.
Our team brings Agile to a new level. Every 10 weeks we host a developer’s market place, share the roadmap, and offer team members to show their interest. The playfield suddenly becomes bigger than your immediate team and you can pursue other interests and/or technologies! Additionally, the Ottawa R&D lab offers ample of opportunities to develop your career. The location works on Augmented Intelligence, Front-End, Backend, Mobile (IOS, Android), Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), and Globalization. At Qlik you can use your skills and grow your talent and be part of something bigger.
We are proud of our work! Everyone is responsible for quality. We automate with no exceptions and practice true continuous integration and deployment in a development pipeline you can only dream of.
Our team is moving at a fast pace. You’ll be trailblazing and contributing to Qlik’s next generation cloud-native architecture which is true microservices and continuously evolving as to keep current with the latest technology trends and business needs.
If you join our team, these are some of the things you’ll be doing
- Taking full ownership of micro-services and having input into our future direction.
- Writing back-end code in Go and possibly NodeJS that is fully tested.
- Owning the security and availability of critical micro-services and infrastructure components.
- Ensuring your micro-services are easy to manage in production by exposing the right metrics and building awesome dashboards using those metrics.
- Moving fast while taking the time to ship high quality code.
- Integrating closely with the Kubernetes platform.
What you bring to the table
- Experience building and scaling web applications.
- Strong coding ability.
- Passionate problem-solving mindset.
- Reputation for getting things done.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Experience with Go and NodeJS or the desire to learn quickly.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Open-source projects, contributions or a strong desire to contribute to the community.
- Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes or knowledge or experience with SAML, OAuth2 or OpenID Connect.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.