Senior Database Administrator (MongoDB)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Database Administrator (MongoDB)
You'll be responsible to help support reliability and scalability of production mission-critical customer-facing cloud services distributed across multiple regions. As the Mongo Subject Matter expect you will be responsible for tactically executing on projects such as developing/optimizing schema, queries, or ETL pipelines. You'll frequently collaborate with our software engineers to define schema enhancements and create a consistent structure by which they store and access data - holding them accountable to using industry best practices.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Work closely with the development teams to understand what modifications are coming in a build/patch, and conduct an impact analysis, fine-tuning queries where required.
- Collaborate with development teams to create and document database standards.
- Collaborate with other development teams to create optimized queries, indexes, and data structure.
- Monitor and support database environments and serve as an escalation point for complex troubleshooting and interactive production support.
- Use database vendor provided tools as well as 3rd party applications to performance. tune various database system, specific queries and, applications scenarios as presented by the service teams.
- Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques.
- Identify areas of opportunity and recommend appropriate improvement suggestions.
- Work with our SRE organization to configure and deploy High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for critical applications to meet SLAs.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in database maintenance, design, SQL coding/tuning, NoSQL document database administration.
- Hands-on Experience using MongoDB Atlas in any production cloud environment.
- Experience utilizing Redis as a caching layer would be considered an asset.
- Experience with structured methodologies and participation in design and development of large-scale applications in a distributed computing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and command of the English language.
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to take initiatives and getting things done.
- Strong analytical skills and you find unconventional solutions to problems.
- Open mind to innovation and new solutions.
- Highly motivated team player, reliable and dependable, dedicated not only to the craft and science of software development but also to the success of the company.
- Goal-oriented multi-tasker who approach problems with intellectual rigor and zest for software delivery
This role is located in Ottawa, Canada
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.