Senior Solution Architect
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization with an open, diverse working culture, operating in over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Qlik Active Intelligence Platform
To gain better value from data faster and empower our customers to lead their business with data, we offer three key components in our portfolio:
- Qlik Data Integration (QDI) – real-time data streaming from various sources incl. SAP, mainframes or SQL databases via Change Data Capture into next-generation (cloud) data warehouses or data lakes, DWH automation and low-code Data Lake Creation accelerating the raw-to-analytics ready data pipeline, enabling DataOps approaches with a central Qlik Catalog ensuring governance, discovery and accessibility of data assets for users in a shopping-like experience across all sources in the organization.
- Qlik Data Analytics (QDA) – market-leading Self-Service analytics + visualization via a purely browser-based, mobile, extensible & embeddable interface driven by Qlik’s patented Associative Engine driving large-scale, complex use cases to best-in-class performance while conversational, AI-assisted exploration capabilities help both novice as well as expert users. Automated, data-driven action through sophisticated Alerting, webhooks and iPaaS integration with 400+ external SaaS systems.
- Qlik Data Literacy-as-a-Service (DLaaS) – Qlik’s global initiative to increase data literacy and data competencies for all members of an organization or company; training offerings range from free online self-assessments and courses to instructor-led classes, certifications and fully-tailored on-site or virtual Data Literacy workshops delivered by Qlik experts or renowned partners
Our customers are free to choose only one, or several products from each of the three categories and benefit from increased, more efficient use of data. However, we believe the combined use of all three components yield maximum value for an organization. This is what we call the Qlik Active Intelligence Platform – available as full SaaS offer, true hybrid, or customer-managed deployment.
Pre-Sales Solution Architect – D/A/CH
Sounds interesting so far? Well, if you’re looking for a role with diverse responsibilities that never gets boring, if you enjoy working with and in front of our largest customers or partners in the DACH region being supported by a highly professional, yet dynamic Presales team in an agile, flexible work environment, if collaborating closely with our Sales, Marketing, R&D, Product, Consulting and Customer Success teams while staying on top of Qlik’s own latest product developments as well as those of our competitors in the Data & Analytics market would keep you motivated every day, then this position might be right for you!
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Engage in strategic account planning with Sales, Customer Success and other account teams for our largest clients in DACH
- Participate and support Sales in virtual or on-site (when safe to do so) customer meetings covering technical questions, presentations and opportunity qualification
- Prove the value of the Qik platform to customers and partners:
- Present, position and demo Qlik products
- Build and deliver customized demos
- Prepare and run PoCs and technical (hands-on) workshops
- Support or lead RfP processes
- Be a trusted technical advisor during the customer’s evaluation phase
- Provide technical sales liaison with Product Engineering and R&D
- Remain current with the product functions and features, and with alternative products in the markets Qlik serves
- Regularly test and provide feedback on new Qlik product versions
- Represent Qlik at virtual or on-site marketing events, e.g. webinars, trade shows, analyst events or Qlik annual conferences
- Produce collateral like customized presentations, Confluence or Community articles and white papers for re-use across the Qlik eco-system
- Enable and update Qlik Partners and Qlik-internal teams like PreSales, Sales, CSM, Marketing
- Attend annual Qlik Sales Kick-off and other occasional Qlik Events
(travel when safe to do so).
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Excellent communication skills to convince both business and technical audiences
- A good understanding of the Sales process to efficiently cooperate with Sales teams
- Proven ability to demonstrate software and articulate the technology during the sales cycle.
- Ambition to solve tricky technical challenges in the data and analytics space working with Qlik or partner products
- More than 3 years of technical experience, preferably in a software organization working as Pre-Sales, Sales Engineer, Technical Consultant or equivalent role
- Experience with Databases, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and/or Data Analytics technologies
- Experience with Data Analytics, Visualizations, Dashboarding or Reporting
- As a plus
- Prior experience with Qlik Data Analytics or Data Integration products
- Experice with Cloud technologies, e.g. certifications for specific hyperscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP..)
- Experience with Hadoop, understanding of the Big Data Market
- Experience with Data replication, data integration or ETL tools
- Hands-on Experience is considered a plus.
- Fluent in German and English
DEU - Munich (Primary)
DEU – Düsseldorf
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.