Jr. Software Engineer, Data Scientist
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Software Engineer & Data Scientist
Join the team responsible for designing, creating, building, delivering and maintaining our AutoML platform, along with the infrastructure environment to support it. We are looking for a creative, motivated and dedicated individual with technical aptitude to join us in a Data Scientist and Software Engineer position to further the evolution of our world-class supervised machine learning platform The day-to-day work of this role is primarily software engineering; that is the nature of building a software platform. However, this role also requires a significant understanding of data science and machine learning fundamentals, tools, and best practices to ensure that features of the platform are implemented well. The successful candidate will have a strong analytical and mathematical background coupled with excellent communication and outstanding teamwork skills.
- Working on the engineering team to help build the next generation of the company’s web services.
- Learning quickly while utilizing new tools/languages/frameworks/patterns/etc.
- Providing guidance on both software and product solutions on the application of statistics and machine learning.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, data science, or equivalent.
- 2 – 4 years in data science with a strong understanding of supervised machine learning.
- Great communication, attitude, and teamwork skills.
- Able to communicate machine learning concepts and help make pragmatic decisions.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Familiarity with event-driven software.
- SQL Experience.
- Familiarity with GoLang, an asset.
- Knowledge of the application of machine learning libraries and packages (ex. Pandas, scikit-learn).
- Knowledge of the machine learning lifecycle: Problem framing, Data ingestion, Data preparation, Model fitting, Model assessment, Model application, Operationalization of results.
The role is located in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs.
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on LinkedIn.
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on YouTube.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
For US job openings, candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be considered for employment with Qlik.