Performance and Scale Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 12 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Performance & Scale Engineer
As a member of the Performance and Stability team, you will have the opportunity to work with validating our high performing and scalable products to assure we maintain and advance our products performance and scalability and continue to stay ahead of competition.
This role will make specific contributions to Qlik’s machine learning and AutoML capabilities. Qlik’s AutoML offering is a no-code machine learning feature that empowers analytics teams and business users to self-serve on their own AI/ML initiatives.
- Planning, setting-up, and executing Qlik scalability and performance tests/investigations.
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated test cases to validate product performance and stability.
- Analyzing, documenting, and presenting the results.
- Producing technical documentation from test results.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or similar).
- Experience and interest in cloud (such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud) solutions and architecture, including monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Experience from performance investigations/testing in a Cloud environment.
- Ability to take decisions and initiatives and get them done.
- Creativity to find unconventional solutions to problems, “thinking outside the box” and be open minded to innovation and new solutions.
- Experience in building test automation (incl. proficiency in at least one scripting/coding language).
- Experience working with load testing tools (such as Loadrunner, JMeter).
- Strong analytical and documentation skills.
Desirable qualifications include:
- Experience of containerized deployments and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with testing within a Continuous Integration as well as Continuous Delivery and Deployment environment.
- Experience with using metrics and monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Experience or understanding of machine learning concepts.
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin! &
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.