IT Business Systems Architect
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
IT Business Systems Architect
Reporting directly to the CIO, the IT Business Systems Architecture is expected to drive the technical strategy utilizing Information Technology & Business Systems to create business value, operational efficiencies, and competitive differentiation. The Enterprise Business Systems Architecture is a key member of the IT senior leadership team and is responsible for driving the alignment of the technical enterprise IT vision, architecture, and strategy. As part of the IT organization at Qlik you will help build and scale the complete business systems space while being a critical member of the Qlik Technical Leadership Team (TLT) representing IT.
Competencies and skills:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a strong will to succeed as a member of a high performing team.
- A naturally organized person with determination to deliver excellence.
- Strong communication skills, ability to present technical ideas in simple and understandable, business-friendly language.
- Accustomed to Agile/Scrum working environments.
- Educated in operational and technical fields.
- Skilled in integration and data concepts and platforms.
- Experience with sales, finance, marketing, and customer success frameworks in a software company.
- Focused on business partnering.
- Forward-looking, encouraging, practical and adaptable to change.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and mentoring skills.
- Ensure strong governance with the organization and rigorous compliance with security, regulatory, compliance and company policies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, or related field. Salesforce Technical Architect certification a plus.
- 15+ Years of IT experience with increasing responsibility developing solutions and applications.
- Experience with the development and implementation of internal business systems (i.e. Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo, WorkDay, ServiceNow).
- Familiar with cloud technologies including operating IaaS, SaaS and PaaS environments.
- Experience in system architecture and knowledgeable in enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), pair programming, and automated testing.
- Experience with industry security frameworks (e.g. ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP, NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
- Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF etc.
- Detailed understanding of Master Data Management especially within a hybrid environment of on-prem and SaaS applications and databases.
- Proven experience designing and implementing integration patterns and standard methodologies.
- Lead, evaluate, and recommend technical solutions in collaboration with development teams.
- Experience with analysis, specification, design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems.
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting and resolving issues during all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Solid understanding of web technologies, relational databases, and multi-tier applications.
- Ability to create prototypes and promote competitive and innovative technical solutions, get client buy-in, and deliver on the commitments.
- Expertise in solution architecture including web services, relational and non-relational databases, front-and-back-end technologies.
- Proven experience in Big Data technologies.
Strong technologist that will develop and maintain technical roadmaps and application architectures in close partnership with other members of the IT leadership team.
The role is located in Canada.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin! &
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.