Senior Security Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Senior Security Engineer
Qlik has an innovative, team-oriented and high-energy culture. We offer a flexible and exciting work environment, and plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As a Senior Security Engineer and team member of our rapidly growing company, you will have significant impact on our company’s growth and success. Candidates must be self-driven and results oriented, with a strong will to succeed.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support the investigation of security incidents, alerts and events
- Implement and support security-focused tools
- Assist in managing vulnerability program
- Support company-wide projects for security
- Assist in penetration testing
- Proactive security checks and threat hunting
- Assist in incident response
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Strong understanding of networking principles (OSI Model, Routing fundamentals, TCP/IP)
- Advance understanding of host operating systems and applications, including Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac
- Experience in programming (Ex: Java or C++)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, or Ruby
- Understanding of network security principles
- Incident response principles
- Endpoint experience – AV, EDR
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years of experience in Information Security
- Vulnerability Management – Nessus, Qualys, Rapid 7
- Basic Public Cloud experience – AWS, Azure, GCP
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
Qualifications – CCNA, CCNP, AWS Certified Security a plus
Security certifications like CEH, CIH, OSCP, CISSP a plus
USA - Remote
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.