What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Principal Consultant position is a customer-facing role that provides advanced software consulting and training through onsite client visits and online delivery methods.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The Consultant's primary responsibility is to work directly with our customers and partners to successfully design, develop and deploy Qlik Data Integration platform solutions.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Experience in delivering and leading consulting engagements in-person and via web conference for assigned clients
- Leading the analysis, architecture, design, and development of large-scale data management and business intelligence solutions
- Document and present complex architectures to customer technical teams
- Work closely with all Qlik internal teams to ensure successful customer deployments and influence future platform enhancements
- At least 5 years of customer facing Professional Services experience
- At least 3 years designing and deploying large-scale data warehouse and database solutions
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and RDBMS.
- Experience with data replication and change data capture concepts
- Experience with Oracle, DB2 (iSeries or z/OS), SQL Server
- Experience with Cloud database technologies such as Snowflake or Databricks
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud infrastructures
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and refocus based on changing priorities
- Able to communicate effectively and patiently with both customers and employees
- Able to take ownership of projects and to show initiative
- Experience in programming scripting languages such as Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala
This position is based in the UK, ideally in/near London. Travel requirements: 75% of the time.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.