IT Support Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 12 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Infrastructure Engineer role:
The position is part of Qlik’s global End User Team and will be providing L2 support to Qlik employees and Contractors around the world. The role is office based and, post pandemic allowing, the expectation is to be full time at the Spanish office in Barcelona. We’re keen to find someone that has experience in using any of the following platforms, ServiceNow, Jamf Pro, Ivanti and MS Autopilot. The candidate will have a strong focus on communication and customer service and must have a wide range of skills to support both a Windows and Apple environment. Duties will also include standard End User support such as answering technical questions, accurately recording detailed descriptions of users’ issues related to their issued hardware/software and resolving users’ issues in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Helping support the Spanish offices both onsite and remotely
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software and systems issues
- Responding to assigned incidents ensuring that SLA’s are met and targets maintained
- Working with external vendors to order any required hardware
- Providing email, IM, telephone, and remote support for users
- Providing excellent user experience by supporting clients in the use of their equipment and corporate systems.
- An outgoing, focused, and organized individual
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate cross-functionally with all org levels (individuals and management)
- Adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
- Manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Good technical understanding of business process supporting systems
- Able to work under pressure and still maintain an excellent level of service
Skills and qualifications for this role include:
- High level of general IT knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience of working in an IT support role
- Good understanding of using and supporting Windows and Apple OS
- Good understanding of hardware maintenance
- Experience of server technologies including Exchange Server, Active Directory, and Office 365
- Experience of working with global teams providing worldwide end user support
- Good understanding of solutions that complement end point security and management such as Ivanti, Jamf Pro, Bitlocker, MS Auto Pilot, CrowdStrike etc
The location for this role is:
- Spain, Barcelona
- Working hours are standard, a typical day will be between 09:00 – 5pm, some flexibility outside these hours may be required at times, including the potential for occasional 24/7 shift support.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik
- Check us out on the muse! See employee testimonials!
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
“Proof of full vaccination required before start date.”