Customer Success Engineer - Data Integration
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Customer Success Engineer – Data Integration
Delivering Customer Success is an important focus for Qlik and we are committed to delighting our customers at every interaction. Understanding our Customer’s needs, creating the right engagement for the right customer at the right time is key. The Customer Success Management team is a cornerstone to ensure we understand customer needs and outcomes, also create and manage a set of offerings that result in highly successful and loyal customers.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The Customer Success Engineer – Data Integration will work alongside Customer Success Managers to provide system architecture and development strategy advice to our most advanced customers, ensuring that implementations are timely, successful, scalable, secure according to best practices.
You will support and advise Qlik’s customers to integrate the Qlik data integration platform within enterprise deployments, integrating third-party products while leveraging on-premise and cloud platforms to assure high performance and availability. You will own the customer relationship from the technical perspective to ensure that we have both a successful implementation and ongoing customer adoption.
- Deliver and lead customer engagements in-person and via web conference for assigned clients
- Lead the analysis, architecture, design, and development of large-scale data management and business intelligence solutions
- Document and present complex architectures to customer technical teams
- Work closely with all Qlik internal teams to ensure successful customer deployments
- Full Hands-on work analyzing customer reported issues
- Ability to travel up to 30% once COVID-19 restrictions are no longer in place
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related technical field, or related industry experience
- Experience with relational database, data warehouse, data modelling concepts
- Experience with data replication and change data capture concepts
- Experience with Oracle, DB2 (iSeries or z/OS), SQL Server or Snowflake or Google BigQuery
- Experience with Hadoop (at least 1 distribution, Cloudera or Hortonworks), Hive or Kafka
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and refocus based on changing priorities
- Able to communicate effectively and patiently with both customers and employees
- Able to take ownership of projects and to show initiative
- Business level English
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in programming scripting languages such as Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud infrastructures
- Experience in data vault and dimensional data modelling methodologies
- Business level French, Italian, German or other major European language
EMEA, with a preference for Barcelona
If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik - Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Career progression pathways, mentoring program, innovation & technology, and a flexible, diverse and international work environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you an extra day off to change the world and another one for your personal/professional development.
- In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs. Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Curious about our R&D opportunities? Check out our R&D careers page here!
- Visit our LinkedIn and Youtube and follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik / @lifeatqliklund or Twitter @Qlik for more interesting insights into Qlik!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.