Strategic Account Manager
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data.
A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 13 years in a row!
Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Sales Organisation at Qlik
The sales organisation in Qlik is the primary connection to our customers and prospects, focusing on driving revenue in new accounts and expanding our presence in the territory's existing customers. The teams work geographically or are industry focused. This role reports directly to the Country Manager and focuses on the Southern Region’s major Banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) and Retail accounts.
The Strategic Account Manager Role
- Manage our major FSI and Retail accounts carefully to ensure our customers are successful leveraging Qlik's solutions and helping them find new ways to add value with Qlik solutions across their organizations.
- Manage sales cycles effectively leveraging a value-based selling approach to drive license revenue in the territory.
- Prospect and perform lead generation campaigns leveraging marketing and the partner community.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Managing multiple sales cycles from creation to closure.
- Qualifying and prioritising prospects, and generating opportunities through prospecting, networking, and relationship building.
- Develop and execute account plans for major accounts.
- Independently identifying and acquiring new customers, as well as upselling to existing customer base in close cooperation with Qlik partner ecosystem.
- Managing contract negotiations to closure.
- Drive customer success through strong understanding of our client’s business and the ability to strongly engage the Qlik value proposition within those customer communities.
- Build up a sustainable and robust pipeline and ensure accurate and rigorous forecasting and account planning.
- Defend and extend existing footprints.
Skills and qualifications for this role include:
- Successful SaaS software solutions sales experience to major BFSI and/or Retail organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a cross-functional sales team, working with partners, and experience calling on and selling to senior decision-makers – in both business and IT.
- Strong record of achieving revenue quota, experience collaborating with GSIs and hyper-scalers.
- Ideally, experience in the Business Intelligence and/or Data Integrations software market, but not essential.
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, negotiation, and writing skills.
- An outgoing focused and organised personality with a strong will to succeed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and identify and understand key market drivers.
The location for this role is:
- Melbourne, Australia
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik @lifeatqliklund
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.