What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Finance Organization
As part of the Finance organization, you will be in a unique position to impact the future direction the company takes. With approximately 45,000 customers worldwide you will have access to a rich user community to help inform your decisions. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people continuously innovating and improving.
How you will spend your time as our next Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The position supports the Finance team in their efforts to compile an accurate general ledger. Some responsibilities include:
- Execute accounting functions included but not limited to general ledger system and month-end close work including the preparation of journal entries, monthly account reconciliations and account analytics
- Work with external auditors by providing timely reconciliation and sample support and providing flux explanations
- Partner with accounts payable, payroll, revenue operations and other functions to ensure complete and accurate accounting for underlying transactions
- Perform quarterly transfer pricing calculations, intercompany invoicing, and related intercompany reconciliations
- Review prepaid and fixed asset reconciliations prepared by staff accountants to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Analyze financial statements and be able to explain variances
- Read and analyze lease agreements for proper treatment under ASC 842
- Ad hoc reporting and miscellaneous accounting assignments
You will be successful if you are
• great at communicating, both verbally and in writing
• a team player
• able to work across culturally diverse environment
• detail orientated with a high level of numeracy and organized in your work
• interested in improving processes through standardization and automation
• cooperative and collaborative in your approach to all stakeholders
• able to take responsibility for work and uses initiative
• good at problem solving with analytical capability
• pragmatic and straight forward
You will thrive if you have
• Accounting Degree (required)
• Intermediate level knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- CPA preferred but not required
- 3-5+ years professional experience in a corporate setting, ideally in a comparable role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.)
- Sales tax experience a plus
- Exposure to Netsuite a plus
- Experience with multicurrency a plus
We offer a flexible and exciting work environment, and plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual. The job involves active participation, teamwork & collaboration to meet the business needs in an international challenging, dynamic, environment. The team is currently working remotely but will be hybrid, in the office 2-3 days per week long-term.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form