Backend Software Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 12 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
About the team
We are a friendly, inclusive and skilled cloud team, responsible for developing and running a microservice cloud architecture which we have built from scratch. The system is handling entitlements for Qlik products. Some of the technologies we are using are Golang, Kubernetes, Helm, MongoDB, AWS, React.js.
We are looking for a curious developer who would thrive in our context and we hope it is you! You will take an active part in designing, developing and maintaining our REST based services. There is an emphasis on backend development in this role, and it is a plus if you also enjoy frontend development. You will have plenty of room to grow in a creative work environment where personal development is as valued as high competence.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Designing, developing and maintaining REST based services
- Working pro-actively to deliver high quality solutions
Competencies & Skills
- Understanding the importance of continuous delivery and what it requires
- Good communication skills and ability to create valuable relationships
- Valuing teamwork for results and a multicultural and diverse work environment
- Interested in learning new things and sharing knowledge with your team members
- Responsible and flexible in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Experience & Qualifications
- Experienced with developing REST-based cloud services, using technologies like Golang, MongoDB, React.js
- Knowledgeable with Docker orchestrators like Kubernetes
- Experience with frontend development is a plus
If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik - Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward.
- Competitive Benefits Package - private health insurance, discounted gym memberships, subsidized on-site massage, subsidized group leisure activities, wellness grant, company enhanced parental leave, generous vacation days, Employee Assistance Program…and more.
- Breakfast/fresh fruit/monthly fika and a restaurant with our own chefs (variety of subsidized lunches).
- Career progression pathways, mentoring program, innovation & technology, and a flexible, diverse and international work environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you an extra day off to change the world and another one for your personal/professional development.
- In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs. Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Curious about our R&D opportunities? Check out our R&D careers page here!
- Visit our LinkedIn and Youtube and follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik / @lifeatqliklund or Twitter @Qlik for more interesting insights into Qlik!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.