Senior Software Engineer (AI)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 13 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The R&D Organization
Qlik R&D is looking for a seasoned Senior SW developer (full stack) to join our R&D team whose role will include initiatives in Enterprise Business Intelligence (BI), and Cloud BI, encompassing the full breadth of Qlik’s platform and products. Successful candidates’ skills will include full-stack windows, web, and cloud technologies. This candidate will be part of a Global R&D team with team members in Sweden, Canada, India, and Australia. The successful candidate will be an individual contributor with hands-on and current software development and architecture experience on enterprise-class software applications and products. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work closely with customers where you will use and enhance your experience to deliver solutions in products to real customer problems. You will also have the opportunity to undertake initiatives to improve R&D Product Release Quality and deliver key enhancements that will help evolve and improve customer experience with Qlik products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Customer advocacy within R & D to ensure the voice of customers is represented in all product development processes.
- Point of escalation for customer support teams for product issues.
- Investigate and identify the root cause for escalated issues.
- Coordination and implementation of solutions to customer escalations in collaboration with respective and extended R & D teams.
- Collaborate with and Enable R & D Teams on customer success programs and processes.
- Collaborate with and enable cross-organization teams on product knowledge.
- Innovate, drive, and deliver improvement towards Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability of products including but not limited to system logging, alarming, and diagnostics.
- Identify top problem areas in products for customers and devise and prioritize a plan to correct and improve same, also identify process improvements to prevent same in future.
- Occasionally travel to meet customers, as a customer advocate, to collect their feedback and input regarding products and share the same with the associated development teams.
- Work with support and customers on issues associated with our US-based FedRAMP compliant offer.
You must have the following skills and qualifications to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience from the ground up, including system architecture and design.
- Experience in delivering software products using agile development methodologies.
- Full stack knowledge of the development process and lifecycle management of products.
- Skills include Hands-on experience with cloud technologies and troubleshooting--including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and microservices.
- Strong knowledge of Windows platforms and web technologies including .NET, REST, C#, C++, JS, REACT, WebSockets, and security-related technologies.
- Track record of managing the delivery of software defects and improvements from R&D through to customers.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills (written and verbal), & relationship management up and down the chain.
- Can-do action-oriented individual, results-oriented and gets closure on issues
- Working knowledge of AI is needed.
- Previous experience with FedRAMP is an asset.
The location for this role is:
- United States
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik
The base salary range for this role is $134,320.00-$150,000.00USD. Compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s location, job-related skills, education, experience, and other business and organizational needs.
Qlik offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, healthcare and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, and mental health benefits
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.