What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating in over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Deal Desk Team
As part of the Deal Desk team, you will be in a unique position to impact the future direction the company takes. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people continuously innovating and improving. Our Deal Desk team provides consulting and guidance to all levels of the Sales organization, from geo leaders and managers to Account Managers across all levels.
The Deal Desk Manager role:
The Deal Desk Manager shall work closely with the Americas Sales team and other teams that support the sales cycle such as Legal, Services, Security, Sales Operations, Product, as well as Customer Support to enhance value and consistency. Build and maintain relationships by being a strategic partner with Sales.
The Deal Desk Manager will:
- Create and advise innovative pricing strategies and structures based on product set being sold, i.e., SaaS, services, and on-prem that fulfill the customer’s requirements while maximizing revenue and profitability for Qlik
- Understand products, pricing, and contracting at a detailed level
- Draw insights from pricing and deal structure trends across the region, revenue streams, and product sets and advise senior decision-makers.
- Communicate with Sales and senior executives to provide Deal Desk point-of-view and review specific transactions, seek approvals as required by internal corporate guidelines
- Prepare executive-level deal review material and present to senior and executive management
- Represent executive team in evaluating and approving transactions for maximum overall value
- Support Sales by owning the preparation of financials for SaaS, pricing for on-prem deals, renewals, conversions, and issue approved pricing
- Participate in or lead as required, commercial business terms negotiations with customers and internal stakeholders including the coordination of operational, commercial, and legal aspects of the deals; ensure the company’s interests and customer needs are maintained
- Enhance existing processes to streamline the sales cycle
You must have the following skills and qualifications to be considered for this role:
- 5+ years of Deal Desk, FP&A, Finance, Legal, and/or Sales Operations background
- Experience working with senior management to executive level and developing working partnerships with Sales staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Law, or similar fields required, Master’s degree a plus
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in quickly reading and understanding revenue contracts
- Cross-functionalal influencing skills
- Experience in delivering high-quality guidance against challenging timelines
- Experience in working with virtual teams across the world
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and commercial experts involved in the solution development
- Strong business and financial acumen and ability to draft commercial language in contracts
- Cloud services industry experience is a distinct advantage
- Giving support and assistance to other deal desk managers as required
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in the application of US GAAP revenue recognition rules is an asset
- Some travel may be required
- A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row!
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Take Responsibility, Be open and straightforward
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Learn more about our academic program
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means
#LI – AMER