Senior Director, EMEA Consulting
What Makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Customer Success Organization
Delivering Customer Success is an important focus for Qlik and we are committed to delighting our customers in every interaction. Understanding our Customer’s needs is key, creating the right engagement at the right time for each Customer is what we do. The Senior Director of EMEA Consulting is a member of the Consulting leadership team, and the extended Customer Success Organization’s leadership team. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Consulting globally, who in turn reports to the Chief Customer Officer. In addition to Consulting Services, the Customer Success Organization includes Knowledge & Learning, Customer Success Management and Customer Success Operations & Adoption Science. Within this team, and our Sales organization there is a heavy emphasis on cross functional teaming.
Leading Consulting Services in EMEA at Qlik
As the leader of Consulting Services in EMEA, you will lead a highly motivated and thriving team. This position represents a compelling opportunity to provide a significant contribution to Qlik’s services management team. You will provide vision, leadership, and direction to an organization that provides thought leadership along with project management for all Consulting engagements. You will be a key member of the Consulting Leadership team that is responsible for developing and executing the Consulting Services organization’s strategic vision and objectives. You will drive operational excellence and align with Qlik’s overall GTM and Customer Success plans. You will expertly navigate demand versus capacity to achieve aggressive revenue and margin, customer retention, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement targets.
The winning candidate will have been responsible for large customer projects and relationships. Experience managing and developing large teams will be critical. The candidate will have an eye for top technical and consulting talent. The ability to seamlessly interact with the many different cultures that exist throughout EMEA is a must. Collaboration, diplomacy, influence, and strategic thinking along with a strong desire for results will be among this individual’s strongest attributes. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a proven track record in leading Consulting Services in a high growth SaaS software organization.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
• Set the standards for the EMEA Consulting Services organization consistent with Qlik’s overall organizational goals and objectives.
• Own and drive achievement of the EMEA P&L for the Consulting Services organization by managing to utilization, bookings, revenue, margins and services attach rates. Grow Consulting Services revenues and margins year-over-year. Ensure pragmatic and accurate forecasting models and territory management strategies.
• Deliver transformational leadership by enhancing the motivation and performance of the Consulting Services leadership team. Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the strength of the team and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
• Advocate innovation and effectively lead through change. Lead and manage the organization in line with Qlik Core Values and create an empowered organization with the capacity and energy to drive change.
• Optimize the organization for operational excellence to achieve customer success and company results.
• Recruit, develop, and retain a world-class, EMEA consulting services team.
• Partner cross functionally to ensure alignment with Product Management, R&D, Customer Success, Support and global, regional and country sales leadership.
• Serve as the lead spokesperson and ambassador for EMEA Consulting Services, representing the organization at the highest levels internally and externally. Empower the organization through effective communications.
• Enhance company reputation, credibility and visibility around the fulfillment of robust customer engagements involving the customizing, consulting and delivery of products, solutions and services.
• Act as executive sponsor for key customer projects.
WHAT YOU BRING TO QLIK
- Consulting or Professional Services management experience, including at least ten years leading a successful high-growth Consulting practice with revenue and profitability objectives in an enterprise software environment or a large consulting firm.
- Experience with services commercialization, productization, and positioning services with sales teams and large strategic clients
- Experience working with Customer Success to drive post sales services engagements. Deep understanding of the customer and customer orientation.
- Experienced in scaling a profitable revenue generating services business that consistently meets revenue, profitability and utilization targets in multiple economic climates and business cycles - upturn and downturn.
- Being an SME in the data / analytics space to help shape the future offerings and consulting needs for Qlik in EMEA
- Collaboration mindset to work with the larger ecosystem of partners / channels to create a fly wheel effect of Qlik products / services
- Strong empathy for customers AND a passion for revenue and growth
- BS degree in a relevant technical field such as Engineering, Business, or Computer Science. MBA is highly desirable
- Proven experience in managing large, complex, technical projects that are consistently delivered on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability in creating a culture of integrity, while striving for excellent customer service
- Ability to respond strategically and diplomatically to the needs, concerns, issues, or ambiguity of customers
- Keen strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities which will allow for customers to be matched with the correct consulting resources to successfully deliver solutions
- Influence at all levels of the customers’ organizations, negotiating win-win solutions, ensuring customers are over-satisfied with the performance of Consulting professionals
- Strong financial modeling skills, including an understanding of integrated financial modeling (e.g. tying sales forecasts together with income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement)
- Influence internal stakeholders to rally behind the vision of and goals of Qlik Global Services
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- 60% Travel throughout EMEA as well as some global
The position will be located in a major European city where there is a Qlik office, such as Munich, Paris, or London. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. A good cultural fit is the most important attribute for this role. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form