Senior Tax Accountant
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating in over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Senior Tax Accountant Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Tax, this role will be responsible for tax provision/income and indirect tax compliance, planning and process improvement.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Review or assist with corporate tax returns prepared by external advisors
- Perform research as required to ensure accuracy of tax filings
- Review or assist with the preparation of the annual and quarterly worldwide U.S. GAAP tax provision
- Communicate with states in a timely manner regarding any notices received
- Manage federal, state and local income tax payments
- Assist with local VAT and sales tax administration
- Support the local Finance Business Partner and the accounting team in the Shared Services Center during audit procedures for local country GAAP financials
- Active communication and cooperation with the accounting, revenue and accounts payable teams in the Shared Services Center
- Execute direct tax controls needed for compliance
- Take responsibility and ownership of relationships at appropriate levels in the organization
- Manage relationships with external advisors
Skills and Qualifications Required to be Considered for the Role
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Mathematical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Flexible, able to thrive in a changing environment with high integrity and work ethic
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with internal and external contacts through reasoned communication
- Proven time and project management skills
You will thrive if you have
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in tax area, with the focus on compliance and accounting
- Big Four experience a plus
- Strong knowledge and enthusiasm about tax
- Local country GAAP and US-GAAP knowledge is an asset
- Experience in software industry a plus, not required
- Previous experience in a multinational environment including coordinating the efforts of and liaising with team members in other countries preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Experience in OneSource tax provision software preferred but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, developing environment with a hands-on mentality
- Able to work independently and effectively in cross-functional, cross-cultural teams
- Experience with financial reporting and planning systems, business intelligence tools and a high level of comfort with technology is required
- BA/BS Degree required (Tax, Finance or Accounting preferred)
- CPA/MBA a plus
King of Prussia, PA
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlikand @Qlik
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 will be required as a condition of employment in the US. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation prior to commencing employment.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’sEqual Employment Opportunity Postersincluding theEEO is The Lawnotice and thePay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik offers competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.