What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 12 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
How you will spend your time as our next Technical Architect
Qlik is searching for a Technical Architect with broad and deep knowledge of Windows, Linux, cloud services, security, and automation, along with strong communication skills and consulting services experience.
In this role, you will work with senior IT stakeholders alongside enterprise architects at our largest customers to undertake discovery, design and hands-on implementation of solutions that are secure, reliable, and scalable to tens of thousands of users.
You will support and advise Qlik’s customers in deploying Qlik Cloud and Client-managed products and helping them integrate these with their existing technology platforms and processes. To do so you need to be comfortable with the concepts of “dev-ops” methodologies, APIs, scripting, and security.
We seek out and reward ambitious people who learn quickly, enjoy exploring new technology, and like to work with other talented people on diverse teams. You must be willing to travel and to engage with a variety of customers remotely and on-site across the EMEA region.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Deliver and lead consultative engagements in-person and remotely for key clients;
- Lead the analysis, architecture, design, and development of large-scale solutions on Qlik Cloud or for Qlik’s Client-managed products with enterprise clients;
- Document and present complex architectures to client technical teams;
- Solve complex client technical issues, support with version upgrades, migrations, and cutovers, and provide coaching to client technical staff on the Qlik platform.
Key challenges in this role:
- Thrive in a client-centric environment with a focus on the most challenging enterprise accounts;
- Keep pace with a constantly evolving cloud-first technology stack and champion this both internally and externally;
- Guide large enterprise customers to align with Qlik product strategy and to adopt best practices;
- Collaborate with global sales and product teams to deliver best-in-class solutions;
- Assist customers with high expectations while leading them to new levels of success.
You will be successful if you have
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience managing internal and/or external clients in the delivery of large infrastructure solutions, including server, storage and network infrastructure planning;
- Understanding of Windows Server architecture – W2012, W2016 and IIS;
- Understanding of Linux Server architecture – RHEL, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Hands on experience designing and deploying complex solutions in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other cloud providers;
- Familiar with one or more server-side scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash);
- Experience developing automation solutions that use APIs;
- Understanding of application layer protocols, such as HTTP/S, TCP/IP, UDP and Web sockets;
- Demonstrated abilities with SSO-related software such as Azure AD, ADFS, SiteMinder, OpenSSO, Auth0, Okta or other SAML & OpenID Connect providers;
- Understanding of Web application security and concepts, such as Ticketing, header injection, XSS, SSL, HTTPS, Kerberos, certificates, Active Directory, LDAP, reverse proxies and firewalls;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Strong client-facing consultative skills, able to act as a customer advocate;
- Fluent in English;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related technical field, or related industry experience;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team;
- Able to multi-task and refocus based on changing priorities;
- Able to take ownership of projects and to show initiative.
You will thrive if you have
- Familiar with auto-deployment of Windows and Linux-based software;
- Experience with containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) technologies;
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform and AWS CloudFormation;
- Experience with deployment and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible;
- Experience with Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery or other cloud data warehouses;
- Knowledge of clustering, fail-over and disaster recovery products and concepts such as MS Clustering Services, Load Balancing, Routers, LUNS, SAN and NAS;
- Familiarity with server hardware selection, design and troubleshooting;
- Proficiency in Italian language
EMEA – London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, …
Travel up to 70% depending on customer requirement and COVID-restrictions
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and @Qlik
- Check us out on the muse! See employee testimonials!
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, including the EEO is The Law notice and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
#LI - GT