Senior Technical Trainer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Senior Technical Trainer
As part of the organization, and our growing team, you will be in a unique position to impact the future direction the company takes. With approximately 45,000 customers worldwide you will have access to a rich user community to help inform your decisions. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people continuously innovating and improving.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The Technical Solutions Trainer position is a customer-facing role that provides basic and advanced software training and consulting through client visits and other training delivery methods. The Trainer delivers frequent web-based or in-person training classes, creates documentation and courseware, writes white papers, develops written materials, becomes a liaison between the client and both Sales and Professional Services and provides training to internal staff. Trainers should receive consistently positive session evaluation results from participants and supervisors for each training session delivered.
Accelerate our customers and partners time to business discovery! As a Technical Solutions Trainer and team member of our rapidly growing services organization, you will have a significant impact on our company’s growth and success by delivering technical content and knowledge. Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver and lead external training in-person and via web conference to small and large groups for assigned clients.
- Design and deliver training sessions according to department standard operating procedures and established training industry best practices.
- Design training materials utilizing standard instructional design methodologies to support training and business needs. Output will include instructor guides, quick start guides, video scripts, videos, job aids, e-learning and others.
- Maintain and enhance existing learning materials.
- Deliver internal training to internal employees.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with database/data warehouse design concepts and enterprise architecture concepts
- Experience teaching complex concepts and/or software to technology professionals
- Competent with a range of hardware and software packages and ability to troubleshoot presentation hardware and software
- Experience with presentation and instructional software programs, and learning management systems
- At least 5 years’ experience in delivering and leading external training in-person and via web conference to large groups
- At least 5 years’ experience in designing training materials utilizing standard instructional design methodologies
- Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and superior presentation skills and style
- Ability to speak and write English in a business context
- A positive personality that can be infectious to others within the organization
- Flexibility to work on a variety of initiatives and a team player who can working independently
- Ability to travel up to 20-30%
- Reasonable commuting distance to a major airport desirable
We are looking to hire a candidate based in the UK. A good cultural fit is the most important attribute for this role. A Qlik virtual workplace enables a team member to employ a self-motivated, disciplined, highly responsive approach in achieving team success.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.