What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating in over 100 countries with 38,000 customers worldwide. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
About the team
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our awesome team at Qlik R&D in Ghent, Belgium. We are committed to becoming an inspirational cloud-native team with a reputation for developing delightful user experiences and delivering top-quality customer service
You will be working on the team that develops the Qlik Application Automation (also called QAA)
We take pride in creating and releasing small increments of value to the delight of our users. We are not perfect, yet we are committed to discovering even better ways to deliver value: Do-Measure-Learn.
At Qlik, we value Challenge, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Open and Straightforward, and Take Responsibility. You too? You’d be joining a team committed to continuous improvement of our products, our processes, and our people.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Design, develop, deploy, and improve features in the automation platform.
- Own the quality of your deliverable through good design, code, implementation, and testing.
- Ensure that the technical software development process is followed on the project and stay up-to-date with the industry best practices for software development.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications desired for this role:
- Strong knowledge of PHP and Laravel with a proven track record in complex projects (distributed systems, scheduling systems, etc).
- Deep understanding of REST APIs, JSON, WebSockets, microservices and queues.
- Proficient in MySQL and in-memory databases (e.g. Redis).
- Experience with Docker and containerization, Kubernetes/Helm Charts
- Have used the following AWS services: EC2, EKS, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, Terraform.
- Basic understanding of logging, metrics and tracing (e.g. through Graphana, Splunk, Jaeger/Tempo).
- Motivated, analytical, proactive, with eyes for details and a passion for software development.
If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik - Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward.
- Competitive salary
- Career progression pathways, mentoring program, innovation & technology, and a flexible, diverse and international work environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you an extra day off to change the world and another one for your personal/professional development.
- In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs. Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Curious about our R&D opportunities? Check out our R&D careers page here!
- Visit our LinkedIn and Youtube and follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik or Twitter @Qlik for more interesting insights into Qlik!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.