Cloud Software Engineer
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
We are an inspirational cloud native team with a reputation for developing high quality backend micro-services with a focus on identity access integration, authentication, tenancy, user and group management and other key services supporting a SaaS platform for the Qlik Sense product suite.
We create and release small increments of value, with quality, multiple times per day and without drama. We are constantly evolving. Are you? We take pride in finding better ways to work and more ways to delight our users. We love data. No surprise!
At Qlik, we value Challenge, Moving Fast, Teamwork for Results, being Open and Straightforward and Taking Responsibility. You too? You’ll be joining a team committed to continuous improvement and be reporting to a manager invested in unlocking potential in you, your team and the community you belong to
How you will spend your time with us …
• Join a large team of developers owning authentication, tenant and user management backend services in a multi-tenant SaaS solution supporting thousands of signups per month.
• Participate in all aspects of software engineering including designing, planning, coding, verifying, integrating, releasing, monitoring, supporting and maintaining.
• Collaborate with managers, architects, site reliability engineers, quality assurance verifiers, and security office specialists to advance the team roadmap.
• Review architectural proposals to ensure a sound solution that doesn’t compromise expansion, scale, performance and robustness.
• Utilize an Agile software engineering process to continuously deliver and deploy quality and feature improvements in a cloud environment
• Engage in sprint cycle around planning with estimation, daily scrum, demo and retrospective.
You will be successful if you have experience …
• Engineering with a solid track record of coding, designing and delivering products.
• Designing and coding NodeJs and GoLang or equivalent RESTful API microservices using MongoDB or Redis.
• Developing solutions using containerization and Kubernetes.
• Architecting and building at scale with concepts like rate limiting, service level indicators, performance metrics, thread tracing.
You will thrive if you have experience …
• Understanding of Identity Access Management (IAM) or Identity-as-a-Service software and concepts.
• Programming OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, or similar authentication and authorization protocols.
• Understanding and using Java Web Tokens (JWTs).
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.