Technical Support Engineer
What makes us Qlik
We’re motivated to help people make discoveries in data, share insights, make decisions and act with confidence. Making a difference, both in small and large ways, is our passion.
At the heart of Qlik is our Swedish soul, which guides everything from our culture and product design approach to our corporate social responsibility program. It’s what drives us to create a culture of innovation.
We believe data can change the world. And we believe people can, too
The Customer Success Organization (CSO)
Delivering Customer Success is an important focus for Qlik and we are committed to delighting our customers at every interaction. Understanding our Customer’s needs, creating the right engagement for the right customer at the right time is key. The Customer Success Organization team is a cornerstone to ensure we understand customer needs and outcomes that result in highly successful and loyal customers.
How you will spend your time as our next Technical Support Engineer - Adoption Success Engineer
The Adoption Success Engineer – Data Integration will work alongside cross functional support teams to provide scheduled technical health checks and effective solutions to our customers, ensuring that production outages are resolved in a timely fashion, and that their implementation are set for success, scalable and secure according to best practices.
You will support and advise Qlik’s customers to integrate the Qlik data integration platform within enterprise deployments, integrating third-party products while leveraging on-premises and cloud platforms to assure high performance and availability. You will own the customer relationship from the technical perspective to ensure that we have both a successful implementation and ongoing customer adoption.
- Deliver and lead customer engagements in-person and via web conference for focused clients
- Lead the analysis, architecture, design, and development of large-scale data management and business intelligence solutions
- Work closely with all Qlik internal teams to ensure successful customer deployments
- Full Hands on work analyzing customer reported issues
- Ability to travel up to 30%
You will be successful if you have
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related technical field, or related industry experience
- Experience with relational database, data warehouse, data modelling concepts
- Experience with data replication and change data capture concepts
- Experience with Oracle, DB2 (iSeries or z/OS), SQL Server, SAP, Snowflake, Google Big Query
- Experience with Hadoop (at least 1 distribution, Cloudera or Hortonworks) or Kafka
- Experience with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS)
- Experience with log file analysis
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and refocus based on changing priorities
- Able to communicate effectively and patiently with both customers and employees
- Able to take ownership of projects and to show initiative
- Business level English
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience in programming scripting languages such as Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud infrastructures
- Experience in data vault and dimensional data modelling methodologies
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives - https://www.qlik.com/us/company/corporate-responsibility.
The role is based in Waltham, MA US or Remote
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form - https://qlik.formstack.com/forms/accessibility_request_form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
“Proof of full vaccination required before start date.”