Manager, Communications APAC
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
What makes you Qlik
Qlik is looking for a Communications Manager for APAC. Preferred location is Singapore, but remote candidates may also be considered.
As a strategic member of the Global Communications Team, you will be joining a passionate team that is dedicated to increase Qlik’s awareness and market momentum. Overall:
- You will have the ability to spot incredible stories for Qlik to own.
- You will have the know-how to identify and build-out transformational customer stories that have momentum to land beyond technology press and influencers.
- You will have the drive to work across the marketing organization to deliver smart and effective integrated campaigns.
How you will spend your time as our next Communications Manager, APAC
The successful candidate will manage the three key areas of a successful Corporate Communications function:
- Be responsible for running PR across the region including communicating global initiatives, managing PR agencies, editing & approving content, brainstorming story angles, managing inbound media queries and preparing executives for press interviews.
- Oversee the timely distribution of news releases, photos, information packages, and other materials.
- Contribute strategic, creative ideas and local program management for global thought leadership campaigns
- Work with local and customer marketing teams to mine for compelling customers that bring the Qlik story to life.
- Measure the impact of the media strategy through press coverage reports and media evaluation.
- Manage budgets and ensure vendors are paid on time.
- Create external presentations and reports, including talking points, for management teams, when required.
- Develop, deliver, and manage APAC social media campaigns – work with global communications and local marketing teams to implement integrated plans.
- Set the direction as well as review and approve social media calendars developed by external agencies.
- Monitor and maintain a clear sight of all social media communications - utilise various combinations of social media platforms for different campaigns to establish Qlik’s thought leadership position via corporate accounts as well as executives’ social media accounts.
- Consolidate social media activity reports and decks on a monthly and quarterly basis, for APAC.
- Conduct social media enablement sessions for the regional organization when necessary.
- Collaborate and communicate with Analyst Relations lead (based in the US) and consultant (based in UK) to drive Qlik’s reputation amongst the Analyst community.
• A communications pro with agency experience and a track record of solid earned media relationships leading to influence and published articles.
• You inspire trust and confidence in others; you’re able to foster strong relationships at all levels in an organization; and you’re quickly able to build an engaged network of colleagues who will help you land our priorities.
• 6+ years in technology public relations / corporate communications or related experience with a high-growth company. Deep content creation experience within the IT software industry an advantage.
• Strategic, creative thinker and collaborator; able to manage and engage across multiple projects and develop positive relationships across the business.
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
• A polished communicator who provides high-quality coaching and counsel to senior executives and represents the company well to discriminating media.
• Out of the box, disruptive, creative, “think different” approach to media relations.
• Evidence of creative storytelling campaigns that have impacted multi-channels is critical.
• Experienced working across multiple markets across Asia Pacific which may include ANZ, China, India, Japan and Singapore.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Singapore.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability, please contact [email protected]
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.