Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist supports PT Solutions by playing a key role in the revenue cycle process, by collecting debts from patients or insurance companies.
- Work aged receivables utilizing A/R reports
- Review and assess adjudicated claims for timely and proper payment of outstanding balances.
- Research, correct, and resubmit or reprocess unpaid claims as necessary
- Verify validity of account balance by researching, reviewing and ensuring accuracy of payment and adjustment posting
- Identify liability with guarantor and transfer balances timely and appropriately
- Review and interpret Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for denials and underpayment of codes
- Research and resolve denials and underpayments with insurance carriers
- Submit carrier appeals and reconsideration requests in a timely manner
- Process insurance refund requests as necessary and according to policy and procedure
- Meet productivity goals/benchmarks as set and communicated by Billing Manager
- Serve as primary customer service representative for payer inquiries/calls and secondary for patient inquiries/calls
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Work collaboratively with other Coding, Billing, Front desk and departments as needed
- Ability to type 60 words per minute preferred.
- Great customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (includes telephone skills) and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Complete understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology.
- Working knowledge of all standard office equipment.
WHY JOIN THE #PTSFAM?
PT Solutions starts with a true love of physical therapy and fuses that passion with science and training to create an unmatched standard of care for patients. We love our work, and that enthusiasm is evident in all we do, both in the clinic and in the community. With points of service in 20 states, we work in partnership with our patients and are committed to keeping them in motion throughout all phases of injury and healing. That dedication creates authentic connections with patients and makes PT Solutions the best place to redefine recovery.
We are an E-Verify employer.