The Reimbursement Specialist will facilitate reimbursement and accounts receivables reduction and coordinate customer service through appropriate daily interaction in person, writing, computer communication, and phone skills. Serves as intermediary between patient care personnel, business partners, insurance companies, and financially obligated parties.
Provides support with the daily activities of a physical therapy clinics including telephone coverage, registration, and patient referrals, while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, established company policies and compliance programs. Employee will share the vision and mission of PT Solutions.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Review, analyze, and follow-up on patient accounts daily.
- Verify patients’ insurance benefits, and document details in patient accounts.
- Communicate and cooperate with clinic personnel.
- Consult with patients regarding billing inquiries and concerns.
- Upon completion of electronic claims submission, make corrections to rejection reports and audit trail.
- Work and correct Work Queue reports, including Billing and Registration errors.
- Report any disputed credit balances to immediate supervisor.
- Work closely with superiors and business partners to reconcile accounts and coordinate efficient billing and insurance processing.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Act as “backup” to clinic front desk, as necessary.
- Obtain patient, billing and insurance information to maintain current and accurate information in patient files and billing system.
- Coordinate with clinic personnel as is necessary to ensure their understanding of patients’ insurance benefits and to secure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered.
- Coordinate communications with payors to ensure accurate billing practices. Includes correspondence with third party payor sources and referral sources.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibilities
•High School Diploma with courses in bookkeeping and accounting OR an equivalent amount of work experience in healthcare or related setting.
•1 to 2 years of medical billing and administrative experience.
•Ability to type 60 words per minute preferred.
•Strong interpersonal, oral (includes telephone skills) and written communication skills.
•Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
•Complete understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology.
•Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounts receivable principles including basic math skills.
•Knowledge of state collection laws where applicable.
•Working knowledge of all standard office equipment.
•Strong customer service skills.
•Ability to use all necessary office equipment, faxes, copiers, etc.
•Required to be proficient in Windows based technologies (ex. Word, Excel).
WHY JOIN THE #PTSFAM?
PT Solutions starts with a true love of physical therapy and fuses that passion with science and training to create an unmatched standard of care for patients. We love our work, and that enthusiasm is evident in all we do, both in the clinic and in the community. With points of service across the United States, we work in partnership with our patients and are committed to keeping them in motion throughout all phases of injury and healing. That dedication creates authentic connections with patients and makes PT Solutions the best place to redefine recovery.
We are an E-Verify employer.