Athletic Trainer - College
This is an outreach position located at Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa, NC.
CSCS certification preferred, but not required. No CSCS? No worries! We'll cover the costs for you to get certified.
As an athletic trainer, you are the central connection within a collaborative sports medicine team that includes AT, MD, and PT representatives. In this role, you will oversee the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletes during practice and competition coverage. Other responsibilities include field and venue setup, orthopedic assessments, documentation, and communication with team physician, physical therapists, parents and school representatives. In this role, teamwork truly makes the dream work!
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Collaboration: Work effectively with local physical therapy team and team physician providing collaborative care in best interest of the athlete to ensure a fast and safe return to sport.
- Relationship Building: Build and maintain relationships throughout the community that allow ease of access and streamlining of care for patients and athletes.
- Partner and School Satisfaction: Maintain strong professional relationships and communication with school AD, physicians, and PT Solutions clinicians
- A-Game Attitude: Showcase a desire to connect with athletes in a respectful, positive manner
- Athlete Outcomes: Ensure high quality care to get your athlete back in the game
PERKS OF THIS POSITION
• Earn: Eligible for performance-based incentives
• Learn: CEU coverage through MedBridge access
• Represent: Receive an annual branded gear package valued at $400
• Connect: Local and national organization dues and license renewal fees are on us
• Be Well: Fitness incentive, insurance benefits, 401k, and PTO package
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training
- Master's Degree preferred, but not required
- State Licensure
- Basic Life Support Certification via the American Heart Association
- Exceptional Communication and Coachability preferred
WHY JOIN THE #PTSFAM?
PT Solutions starts with a true love of physical therapy and fuses that passion with science and training to create an unmatched standard of care for patients. We love our work, and that enthusiasm is evident in all we do, both in the clinic and in the community. With points of service in 19 states, we work in partnership with our patients and are committed to keeping them in motion throughout all phases of injury and healing. That dedication creates authentic connections with patients and makes PT Solutions the best place to redefine recovery.
We are an E-Verify employer.