PRN Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist assist the Occupational Therapist in the practice of occupational therapy to include development deficits, activities of daily living work conditioning, range of motion, coordination, balance endurance, cognition, and exercise programs to restore function and increase strength.
- Patient Care: directs and aides patients in active and passive exercise programs, leisure activities, ADL training, coordination, balance, endurance cognition, conditioning, perceptual-motor activities as directed by Occupational Therapist. Assists in fabricating splints as directed by Occupational Therapist. Communicates any change inpatient’s condition to Occupational Therapist.
- Documentation: complete documentation of patient’s chart, which includes, progress notes, patient charges, patient/family education record, team conference reports. Assists with reassessments and discharge summaries under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
- Supervision: direct activities of technicians, students and volunteers as assigned.
- Quality: assists with the implementation of new program as needed. Involved with quality assessment and improvement plan.
- Department Compliance: complies with department policy and procedures, safety/inspection control plans/OSHA guidelines, employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Demonstrates customer service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Service: Consistently demonstrates customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Availability/Attendance: Demonstrates flexibility and reliability and ensures that patient and facility needs are met.
- Education/Development: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance, opportunities for personal growth and ability to change.
- Health/Safety/Security: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes of patient care, employee rights and responsibilities.
- Productivity/Initiative: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration. Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities within the department.
- Job Specific: As defined in Performance Evaluation.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: ·
Associate Degree as an Occupational Therapist Assistant
Licensed by the appropriate governing body of state licensing required· BLS within 90 days of hire required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: ·
1-2 years preferred· New graduates accepted
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: ·
Knowledge of Occupational Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.CUSTOMERS SERVED: All employees, staff in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patients/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and the community.
We are an E-Verify employer.