Athletic Trainer - Physician Extender
PT Solutions is a regional provider of outpatient rehabilitation, hospital and physician rehabilitation management, personal fitness, industrial rehabilitation, and sports medicine. Our mission and vision at PT Solutions Physical Therapy is to provide service that exceeds expectations. In doing so, we provide:
• Professionals endowed with superior technical and customer service skills
• Facilities which are clean, efficient, and service-oriented
• Atmosphere of teamwork and compassion for our patients, colleagues and associates
• Innovation in education and training
• Community involvement
Our focus is on providing care in an enjoyable customer service environment and treatment delivery unique to each individual and condition.
• The purpose of the position is to support contracts with local physician groups, working 40 hours per week. This position interacts closely with physicians, physical therapist and office administration.
• To provide quality patient care according to practice standards of National Athletic Trainer Association appropriate to age and disability related to limitations in function.
• To document and perform charge related functions.
• To be responsible for acting as a representative of profession, PT Solutions, and own person in a positive outlook.
• To market patient care services to community, physicians, and other referral sources. The employee will share vision, mission, and core values of PT Solutions.
Hours: 40 hours/week. The Athletic Trainer shall be available on weekdays, Mondays through Fridays, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm EST, with a lunch hour from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm.
Services Provided: Athletic Training at the Facility. As needed or requested by the physician, the Athletic Trainer may act as a physician extender and/or may perform the following duties:
(a) Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
(b) Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
(c) Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
(d) Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
(e) Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions, answering questions. Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
(f) Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
(g) Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
(h) Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
(i) Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
(j) Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
(k) Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
(l) Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
(m) Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
(n) Cleaning/disinfecting/stoking of exam rooms.
• Follow and support ATC Standards, expectations and Policy and Procedures, ensuring consistency among sites.
• Coordinate personal schedule in conjunction with overseeing Senior Athletic Trainer.
• Answers to all forms of communication promptly.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize and organize time by completing work within assigned events/program/tasks; Maintains awareness of current PT Solutions Physical Therapy policies and procedures.
• Schedules physical therapy and other treatment and/or other intervention as necessary and established and prescribed.
• Document’s healthcare injury records and provides clear instructions for follow-up;
• Functions effectively and according to policy training/expectations; Communicates reports in a concise, informative manner.
• Verifies physician order in accordance with established healthcare policy.
Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrate competency skills and maintain continuing education requirements for an PTS AT.
• Works confidently in crisis or emergency situation; Demonstrates knowledge of safety practices.
• Develops treatment programs in accordance with findings of evaluations and goals established by the injury assessment overseen by the treating physician.
• Assesses athlete’s status in response to treatment and modifies programs as appropriate.
•Applies treatment procedures and modalities in accordance with established indications and contraindications.
• Maintains updated documentation.
• Able to perform duties in an efficient and independent manner with minimal supervision.
• Willing to learn from the knowledge and experience of others.
• Willing to ask questions when not sure of the correct action to take.
• Graduate of an accredited program in Athletic Training
• Required at least one year of experience
• BLS from the American Heart Association required upon hire
• No previous or current sanctions by federal payors (CMS, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Campus/Tricare, etc.) or other payors inclusive of state workers compensation system
WHY JOIN THE #PTSFAM?
PT Solutions starts with a true love of physical therapy and fuses that passion with science and training to create an unmatched standard of care for patients. We love our work, and that enthusiasm is evident in all we do, both in the clinic and in the community. With points of service in 19 states, we work in partnership with our patients and are committed to keeping them in motion throughout all phases of injury and healing. That dedication creates authentic connections with patients and makes PT Solutions the best place to redefine recovery.
We are an E-Verify employer.