Speech Language Pathologist - Acute Care
As a Speech-Language Pathologist, you will work one on one with patients to deliver effective bedside swallow evaluations and interventions, modified barium swallow studies, and interventions for cognition, social interaction, communication and problem solving. A successful SLP enjoys being creative to engage patients in each individualized plan of care. This role gives you the opportunity for interdisciplinary team collaboration working closely with radiology team members, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, referring providers, case management team, social workers, and nursing staff to ensure the best and most evidenced based practice for our patients.
MORE ABOUT THIS LOCATION
PT Solutions Physical Therapy partners with Adventist Health and Rideout to provide quality occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech-language pathology. Adventist Health and Rideout is a 221-bed inpatient, acute care setting with over 8 accreditations. As a clinician here you will evaluate, treat, and reassess patients in all areas of the hospital including patients in intensive care unit, cardiac ICU, trauma, orthopedics, med-surg, bariatric, mother and baby, and the intermediate critical unit.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Strong Communication & Relationships: Fostering an Interdisciplinary team approach with dynamic and ongoing communication with all staff members to provide well rounded treatment to all patients
- Patient Outcomes: Creating efficient treatment plans that allow patients to return to their prior level of functioning
- Patient Satisfaction: Building trust & communication leading to great patient satisfaction scores
PERKS OF THIS POSITION
- Earn: Competitive compensation with ability to earn additional weekend and holiday pay rates
- Learn: Access to a variety of Inpatient & Acute courses through MedBridge membership and monthly MedBridge Journal Club hosted by Inpatient & Acute leaders
- Grow: Experience working with a diverse patient population: Neuro, Trauma, Ortho, Ortho, Pediatrics, and Stroke
- Connect: Local and national organization dues and license renewal fees are on us
- Be Well: Fitness incentive, insurance benefits, 401k, and PTO package
• Graduate of an ASHA approved speech therapy program
• State Licensure
• Basic Life Support Certification via the American Heart Association
• Exceptional Communication and Coachability preferred
WHY JOIN THE #PTSFAM?
PT Solutions starts with a true love of physical therapy and fuses that passion with science and training to create an unmatched standard of care for patients. We love our work, and that enthusiasm is evident in all we do, both in the clinic and in the community. With points of service in 19 states, we work in partnership with our patients and are committed to keeping them in motion throughout all phases of injury and healing. That dedication creates authentic connections with patients and makes PT Solutions the best place to redefine recovery.
We are an E-Verify employer.