PRN Occupational Therapist - Acute Care
Our practice brings therapists together to grow and develop owners that have industry-leading experience. A commitment to patient and therapist advancement with the support of technical and professional skill drives our focus, exceeding client expectations.
Our professional staff includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and athletic trainers.
- Patient Care: conducts diagnostic and prognostic evaluations and functional ability tests as prescribed, observing all precautions for indications and contra-indications. Plans and implements therapy programs as per physician’s orders, and in compliance with current standards and practices. Makes recommendations regarding care of the patient to the physician, team members and discharge planner/case manager, family and patient.
- Documentation: evaluates patient’s records and documents progress in patient’s chart in a timely basis. Completes documentation in patient records on a timely basis which includes but is not limited to evaluations, weekly progress notes, daily notes, charges, updated prescriptions, discharge notes, weekly or monthly outpatient re–eval, weekly inpatient re-eval, and physician and patient communication.
- Supervision: direct activities of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Rehab Technicians, students, and volunteers as assigned. Ensures treatment plans are being performed appropriately by COTA’s and Rehab techs.
- Quality: participates in continuous quality improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to, data gathering, chart reviews, recommendations and implementation of quality assurance action plans.
- Department Compliance: complies with department policy and procedures, safety/inspection control plans/OSHA guidelines, employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Demonstrates customer service/P.R.I.D.E. principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
- BS in Occupational Therapy required
- One or more years related experience and/or training preferred
- Licensed within the State of employment
We offer a competitive salary with incentive opportunities, comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Life and supplemental offerings, 401k, and paid time off. PT Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Check us out at www.ptsolutions.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
We are an E-Verify employer.