Regional Manager of Sports Medicine
Territory: Western North Carolina, eastern Tennessee, eastern Kentucky, western Virginia
Summary of Position
The Regional Director of Sports Medicine is responsible for the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Core Values by supporting our efforts to create an exceptional experience for our employees, physicians, and partners including athletic directors and other contract holders. This support will increase overall employee satisfaction and customer service satisfaction resulting in an increase in patients served in PT Solutions clinics. The Regional Director of Sports Medicine is responsible for the oversight and development of direct reports to guarantee accountability to key performance indicators, promote employee satisfaction, ensure adequate field coverage, and encourage the sourcing of new referral sources while also maintaining current sources and business relationships. This position helps facilitate the implementation of company initiatives or changes in policy/regulations/processes/procedures and provides accurate and timely communication to the National Director of Sports Medicine and relevant leadership of PT Solutions concerning business operations and employee performance.
- Recruiting new talent for the sports medicine team
- Onboarding and training of athletic training expectations
- Manage day to day operations by monitoring all incoming communication via email and/or phone, and actively problem solve for any issues that may arise
- Review referral tracker and trended ops daily for any school evals
- Submit weekly scorecard to National Director of Sports Medicine by end of business day every Friday that includes the following KPI’s:
- Total number of evals confirmed to clinic from supporting schools
- Total number of evals from sideline physicians from supporting schools
- Number of injury screens per clinic including Screen Conversion rate (number of screens converted into evaluations)
- Total number of evals from community events that a PTS service is provided.
- Relevant action plans and/or focus areas
- Host weekly EOS call with Sr. Athletic Trainers and be included in Director of Clinical Operations EOS meetings following KPI’s:
- KPI’s same as above
- Round with key contract holders including athletic directors, principals, county, etc. and maintain on a consistent pulse using the Q. Studer’s Rounding for Outcomes Model
- On-site mentorship for Athletic Trainers
- Share summary of all feedback monthly with the Sr Clinic Directors and Directors of Clinical Operations in leadership meetings or on relevant pulse calls
- Serve as back-up for any athletic training coverage needs or sideline support
- Schedule and maintain monthly 1:1 meeting with Sr. Athletic Trainers (or other supervisors) to review progress to goals, current initiatives, and any barriers to success
- Report labor as a percentage of revenue and MOM targets
- Run EHR audit and provide feedback to Sr. Athletic Trainers on suggested areas of improvement
- Collaborate with marketing team on opportunities of brand awareness
- Conduct marketing audits when providing sideline support
- Build trust and rapport with community leaders as it relates to sports medicine. In establishing and maintaining relationships with external resources (i.e. coaches, parents, schools, physicians, other healthcare providers, etc.) the incumbent has regular and effective interactions in person or via telephone or electronic communications.
- Review and report on HighRise activity for those in region
- Set annual goals for Sr. Athletic Trainers and implement coaching strategies and action plans for goals to be achieved as it relates to referral generation and other KPIs.
- Cultivate strong relationships with Physicians, Athletic Directors and Employees in region
- Annually review potential areas of improvement for region – skills or training.
- Collaborate with Education Committee on identified gaps
- Work alongside Sr. Athletic Trainers to host annual region training
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Travel to local schools, operational meetings, and out of town as needed and when warranted
Required Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Window-based applications.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Must have demonstrated skill in prioritizing daily responsibilities and crises to handle a heavy workload.
- Must be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Proven ability to motivate and teach others
- Graduate of approved Program of Athletic Training by CAATE.
- 5+ years of progressive athletic training practice experience, with at least 2 years in a management role.
- Licensure appropriate to governing body of state licensing board.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.
We are an E-Verify employer.