PRN Speech Language Pathologist - Senior Living Facility
Senior Living Speech Therapist
As a Senior Living Speech Therapist, you are an integral provider of skilled outpatient rehab services to a growing population of Aging Adults. Our Senior Living therapists work with residents of Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care Living Communities. You'll work one-on-one with residents to empower and provide them the gift of blissfully aging in place. Your primary role is to increase functional communication, cognitive skills and teach safe swallowing by introducing diet modifications and special feeding techniques.to enhance the life of the residents. This role gives you the opportunity for interdisciplinary team collaboration working closely with physical therapists, occupational therapists, referring providers, social workers, and nursing staff to ensure the best and most evidenced based practice for our patients.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Strong Communication & Relationships: Fostering an Interdisciplinary team approach with dynamic and ongoing communication with all staff members to provide well rounded treatment to all residents
- Resident Outcomes: Creating efficient treatment plans that allow residents to return to their baseline level of functioning and age in place
- Resident Satisfaction: Building trust & communication leading to great resident satisfaction scores
PERKS OF THIS POSITION
- Earn: Competitive compensation with ability to earn additional weekend and holiday pay rates
- Learn: Access to a variety of inpatient & acute courses through MedBridge membership and monthly MedBridge Journal Club hosted by Inpatient/Acute leaders. Additional in-house CEUs on various topics within the practice of physical therapy offered.
- Grow: Experience working with a diverse patient population: Neuro, Trauma, Cardiac, Ortho, Respiratory, Ortho, Wound Care
- Connect: Local and national organization dues and license renewal fees are on us
- Be Well: Fitness incentive, insurance benefits, 401k, and PTO package
• Graduate of an ASHA approved speech therapy program
• State Licensure
• Basic Life Support Certification via the American Heart Association
• Exceptional Communication and Coachability preferred
WHY JOIN THE #PTSFAM?
PT Solutions starts with a true love of physical therapy and fuses that passion with science and training to create an unmatched standard of care for patients. We love our work, and that enthusiasm is evident in all we do, both in the clinic and in the community. With points of service across the United States, we work in partnership with our patients and are committed to keeping them in motion throughout all phases of injury and healing. That dedication creates authentic connections with patients and makes PT Solutions the best place to redefine recovery.
We are an E-Verify employer.