Revenue Cycle Collections Representative (Remote)
The Revenue Cycle Collections Representative supports PT Solutions by playing a key role in the revenue cycle process, by reviewing claims for accuracy and researching and resolving denials.
•Work aged receivables utilizing A/R reports
•Review and assess adjudicated claims for timely and proper payment of outstanding balances.
•Research, correct, and resubmit or reprocess unpaid claims as necessary
•Verify validity of account balance by researching, reviewing and ensuring accuracy of payment and adjustment posting
•Identify liability with guarantor and transfer balances timely and appropriately
•Review and interpret Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for denials and underpayment of codes
•Research and resolve denials and underpayments with insurance carriers
•Submit carrier appeals and reconsideration requests in a timely manner
•Process insurance refund requests as necessary and according to policy and procedure
•Meet productivity goals/benchmarks as set and communicated by Billing Manager
•Serve as primary customer service representative for payer inquiries/calls and secondary for patient inquiries/calls
•Maintain confidentiality of patient information
•Work collaboratively with other Coding, Billing, Front desk and other departments as needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to type 60 words per minute preferred.
• Great customer service skills.
• Strong interpersonal, oral (includes telephone skills) and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Complete understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology.
• Ability to work with disabled individuals.
• Working knowledge of all standard office equipment.
We are an E-Verify employer.