HVAC & Refrigeration Equipment Technician
*** Great Lakes Service prides itself as a company that has demonstrated sustained growth as an industry leader. Consistently investing in hiring, training and supporting the foodservice industry’s best, most skilled technicians has played a huge part in that continued growth, and we want to connect with you! COVID-19 will not change that! We encourage you to submit your application and a member of our team can follow up with you to talk about your future career here. We greatly appreciate your interest in joining our team. Stay healthy and be safe!
Great Lakes Service is looking to hire an HVAC and Refrigeration Field Service Technician for the Rockford IL and surrounding area.
Field Service Technician responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing commercial HVAC and refrigeration equipment at our customer locations. Provides preventative maintenance (PM) inspections and responds to emergency service calls on equipment including ice machines, cooler, freezers, HVAC units and more.
- Troubleshoot, Diagnose, and Repair HVAC/R and Ice Machine Equipment
- Treat customers and employees with respect, courtesy and professionalism
- Complete service calls in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with customers, manager, dispatcher, and sales
- Participate in normal rotation of after-hours and weekend standby duty
- Identify new customers and additional opportunities within existing accounts
- Maintain Service Vehicle
- Order Parts and Complete Required Paperwork
- Attend Training Sessions
- Other Duties as Assigned by the manager
- Two years of HVAC/R equipment service (or related military) experience
- Strong electrical, electronic, and mechanical skills
- Extremely strong customer communication skills
- 100% dedication to working hard, being on time, and staying organized
- Pass Drug Screen and Background Check
- Maintain a Valid Driver License with a good driving record
- Experience with Commercial HVAC/R and Ice machines
- CFESA certification and Factory Training
- Computer literacy
- Competitive Hourly Rates and Overtime Pay
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holidays
- Technical Training
- Initial issue of Service Uniforms
- Stable Customer Base and Consistent Work
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.