Electrical Engineer II - Software
Provisur is an industry leader that pushes the boundaries of ingenuity, bringing precision-engineered food processing equipment, aftermarket parts and service to locations around the world. As a global leader in our industry with a close-knit family feel, we take pride in taking care of our people. Check out our videos at jobs.jobvite.com/provisur and see for yourself!
The Electrical Engineer will develop and support software for industry leading food manufacturing equipment. This position involves design, development, testing and support of software for high-speed complex manufacturing equipment. Areas of development include real time control, Servo Motion Control, Machine Communications, IIOT and GUI development. This individual will work closely with other engineers as well as supporting sales, service and production teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Write software for Industrial PCs as well as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). Program in C++, Structured Text (ST) and Ladder Logic.
- Create and modify servo motion profiles utilizing kinematic equations.
- Develop documentation to support engineering in the development, design or modification of products.
- Travel as required to evaluate projects, install and troubleshoot engineering modifications.
What You Won’t Do:
- Suffer from boredom – you will always be doing something different and coming up with innovative ideas and solutions
- Sit behind a desk – you’ll partner closely with team members and supervisors on our shop floors as well as our facilities around the world
Who You Are:
- A creative thinker and do-er who enjoys solving problems and implementing solutions
- A lifelong learner with a passion for advancing your career and raising your hand when opportunities arise
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- Three to seven years of experience in a related field
- Knowledge of embedded software, Process Control, PLC programming, C, C++ (or other high level programming languages)
- Familiarity with servo motors, servo drive technology and industrial electronics is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Windows, Object Oriented Languages and PC compatible hardware
- Have the ability to take an idea or concept from a clean paper design through production
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Environment where we promote from within, cross-train and provide ongoing skill development
- Robust benefits package including great health insurance, holiday pay, employee referral bonuses, and even pet insurance!
- Safe, clean, air-conditioned facility
- Retirement savings (401k) opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Continuing education assistance
- A company dedicated to the local community that gives back through charitable contributions
Provisur is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and provides an environment of diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) to all employees and applicants, regardless of a person’s age, race, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, national origin, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.